Chapter 11: Brothers' Return

Sophia's POV

"Lady Elizabeth, wake up." Rinig kong boses ni Melrose.

I groaned then shift my position. Ano na naman ba ang mayro'n para guluhin niya ang tulog ko?

"Please, Lady Elizabeth! You have to," pagmamakaawa niya sa 'kin.

Pinilit kong buksan ang mga mata ko. Ilang oras pa lang ba ako nakakatulog? Kumikirot pa ang ulo ko. Nagpuyat ako kagabi kaiisip sa nangyari kahapon kila Beatrice.

"What's with the ruckus outside, Melrose?"

"The Duke announced the early return of young masters."

Hindi na ako nakaramdam ng surpresa, I expected them to be back sooner. Nag-apply silang pareho ng early graduation para magampanan na 'yong pinaghandaan nila ng ilang taon.

"How about the kids?" I asked her while she was removing my pajamas.

"They are already preparing themselves."

"I see."

"Good morning, Lady Elizabeth."

Napalingon ako sa bagong pasok na babae.

"Good morning to you too, Trisha," pagbati ko pabalik.

"Trisha, help the others to prepare the dress of our lady."

"Okay."

"How is she?" tanong ko kay Melrose habang pinagmamasdan si Trisha.

"She can easily pick up the work. I didn't have a hard time teaching her," she answered.

Trisha, the sole guardian of the twins. She's a noble kaya ginawa ko siyang lady-in-waiting ko. I appointed her to my side, not because of her status, but because I wanted her to be close with me.

Palihim kong sinuri ko si Trisha, she's wearing the same uniform as Melrose. Her eyes are ocean green, her hair is red, she has a light sprinkling of freckles on her nose, and her skin is fair.

HINDI ko na napansin ang oras nang matapos sila sa pag-aayos sa 'kin.

"Okay na po, Lady Elizabeth..."

I immediately go to the office of Duke White. Naabutan ko siyang nakaharap sa paper works kahit na alam niyang darating sina Felixander at Francisco.

Simple akong yumuko sa harapan niya bilang paggalang. "Good morning, Father."

Huminto siya saglit para pagmasdan ako. "Good morning."

"Did you already have your breakfast?"

"Not yet," he replied without looking at me.

"Can I join you for breakfast?"

Tuluyan siyang nahinto at saka napatikhim. "I guess I have no choice."

Tumayo siya para umuna ng lakad papunta sa dining room. Sinundan ko naman ito sa kaniyang likuran. Nang marating namin ang lugar ay pumwesto siya sa pinakadulo ng lamesa—umupo ako sa kaniyang tabi.

"Here's today's menu, milord," inihayag ng head chef sa kaniya saka pinapasok ang mga pagkain na perpekto para sa agahan. Nilapag naman iyon ng mga assistant chef sa ibabaw ng lamesa.

"You may leave," Duke White said to them.

"Enjoy your meal, milord, milady," paalam nito sa 'min bago kami iwan.
Tahimik naming pinagsaluhan ang mga pagkain.

I decided to fulfill my duty as a daughter na hindi nagawa ni Elizabeth noon. Simula kasi nang makilala niya si Lawrence, sa prinsipe lang niya binuhos ang buong atensyon. Lumalapit lang siya sa Duke kapag may kailangan siya.

Nang kami ay matapos sa pagkain, sabay rin naming tinungo ang entrance para salubungin ang pagdating nila.

"Father," they said in unison while bowing their heads.

"I am delighted for your safe arrival," Duke White said.

I can't say a single word to welcome them because I feel uncomfortable. I don't see any memorable recollections with them—they are not close to Elizabeth. Tanging naalala ko lang, hindi nila ito kinakausap, o pinapansin mula pa noong sila ay bata pa.

I felt someone staring so I looked in his direction. I believe he is the eldest brother, I can easily tell by his appearance. He is perfectly the same as the book describes him. He has long black hair and deep blue eyes. He is wearing graded eyeglasses because of having astigmatism. His name is Felixander White Jr., the successor of Duke White. He is excellent in all academics, mastered the family's swordsmanship, and is widely known as the Epitome of Perfection.

He always acts with dignity but little they didn't know, he has a weak heart on cute things.

"We welcome you for your safe return, young masters," the twin said in unison. Kararating lang nilang pareho.

Felixander intently stares at the both of them, then immediately takes out his handkerchief to put it on his nose. He caused panic for the servants. We can see the blood dripping from his nose. Francisco looks at him with a poker face.

"I-I am fine, pagod lang ako," sabi ni Felixander para mapahinahon ang paligid.

"Are they the ones you mentioned to your letter, Father?" Francisco asked the Duke.

"Yes. Kids, introduce yourselves to your brothers."

"I am Elios, the eldest of the twins."

"I am Elena, his younger sister," she said, bowing her head while holding onto her skirt.

Francisco nodded at them. "He is your eldest brother Felixander, and I am the second son of Duke White, Francisco."

Here comes the third male lead of Beatrice's Love. Francisco White, the second son of Duke White. He has black hair, purple eyes, and pale fair skin. Just by looking at him, he is dazzlingly handsome but a nerd at the same time. He is a sword maniac, most of his time, puro training ang ginagawa niya. He never has the ambition to become the successor of the dukedom—no romantic interest—his only goal is to become the strongest swordsman in the world.

According to the novel, he will join the knighthood on this upcoming recruitment.

There's a law that every noble must present at least one of their family members, to join the Imperial Knights. He will be our family's representative.

He's one of the knights who will be dispatched to the upcoming war. Then he will return as a hero after successfully conquering the Kingdom of Diamante. There he killed the tyrant king and saved the people enslaved by that country. Later on, he will be promoted as the Imperial Knight Commander of his unit.

He will meet Beatrice in the middle of the ceremony. While receiving the medal of honor, aksidenteng nagtama ang paningin nila. Without knowing the reason, Francisco felt his heart thumping at the moment. He didn't realize that he fell in love with her at first sight.

That's how I predict Francisco's future based on the original plot.

"Let's head inside," Duke White stated.

Without a response, we head inside the main house. The twins holding each of my hands. On my right side is Elios, and my left is Elena.

"How was your morning?" I sweetly asked both of them.

"Kumain po kami ng steak," Elena gladly replied.

"Do you like to have desserts later?"

"Yes!" Masayang tugon nila sa alok ko. I laughed at their cuteness.

"Can I join?" Napalingon ako kay Felixander. He is looking at us with a smile on his face. Sandali akong napangiwi saka pumayag na lang. Halata kasi sa mga mata niya na gusto niyang panggigilan ang mga bata.

We're heading to the living room. Since the twins are already considered as part of our family, kasama rin sila sa meeting. I guess we will be having discussions related to ourselves.