10. Confrontation

That night Y/N paced her room.

Left...

Am I really going to do this? What am I going to say?

Right...

What if he's already asleep? Well, then I'll just turn around...

Left...

Maybe I should just skip the talking altogether and get into his bed...

Right...

No! Can't even remember if I ever had sex so I'm not doing it tonight!

Left...

How am I...

She stopped.

Jezus Y/N, get a grip!

She straightened her back, squared her shoulders and marched over to Loki's room.

Loki had been asleep when he heard soft knocks on his door. He got up and opened the door ever so slightly, not knowing who might be on the other side.

He was surprised when he saw YN standing there but opened the door a bit further.

Without saying a word Y/N stepped through the small opening and halted in front of Loki.

He went to close the door but she was in the way. He had to reach, bending his body along hers. His face a mere inch from hers, her breath tickling the side of his face.

She felt the heat of his cheeks radiating against hers. Y/N was not budging and stayed put, her heart racing, her core heating up from excitement.

As he let go of the handle and pulled his body back he couldn't take it anymore.

His mouth crashed down on hers. Her arms slid up his chest, around his neck. Loki placed one hand on the flat on the small of her back and the other on her cheek, pulling her against him.

His lips were soft and pushed hard against her own. His tongue skilfully traced hers. He tasted like warm honey.

Y/N didn't know if she stopped breathing all together since she felt herself getting weaker in the knees. He kissed her so fiercely that the rest of the world seemed to have melted around her. With her eyes closed, she was engulfed in darkness. She heard nothing but their breaths, tasted nothing but him, felt nothing but his body pressed against her. Her hands slid into his hair, automatically deepening the kiss. There was no past, no future, there was only them and an earthquake could not have startled her.

It was a kiss to bring down kingdoms, tear skies apart and shatter the heaven above. That was what Y/N thought about it anyway.

Loki poured all his love, his longing and hope into that one kiss. And even though he didn't want to stop he had to know if she remembered him because of it. So he pulled away slightly and rested his forehead on hers.

The bridges of their noses were still touching as they stood there regaining their breath. Y/N slid her hands back down over his chest.

Loki had moved the hand which had rested on her back down to her side and with the thumb of his other hand, he gently caressed her jawline.

He felt scared, hopeful and horny.

He swallowed away the tension in his throat, dropped his hands, took a step back and looked up to meet her gaze.

She said nothing.

"Well... Come in..." Loki joked.

Y/N giggled, "Thank you." And walked over to the wooden table with two chairs on the other side of his room.