31. Escape

The cell was simple. The ceiling, floor and three walls were white. The fourth wall was a magical golden grid which served as an impenetrable window. There was a small couch, a bed and a little table with two chairs. This was where they were going to spend the rest of their lives together. That was never going to happen, she wasn't going to spend 4000 years in this shit place.

Loki stood in front of the grid, hands on his back, looking at the guards walking by while Y/N paced from wall to wall.

"How can you be so calm? I could murder him," she growled.

The lack of response stopped her from pacing any further. She looked at his back, his black hair hanging slightly over his shoulders.

"Are you listening to me?"

Loki turned around, "Oh I listened to you all right."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"This would not have happened if we had listened to me and stayed on Midgard." The hostility in his voice took Y/N by surprise.

"I know you're angry but I have a plan to get us out of here."

"A plan?" Loki asked scornfully. "How convenient, for a situation you have put us in."

Y/N took a moment and a breath, she knew this side of him. He could be petty and condescending when aggravated. It angered her but right now they needed to work together to get out of here.

She loosed a breath before explaining. "Look, I should have listened to you, but you can get us out of this cell and I can get us out of Asgard."

"Really?" Loki placed his hands on the back of one of the chairs and leaned forward, "Tell me more, my love." He had a feeling where she was going with this and he didn't like it one bit.

"I will give you my power."

"Right," Loki pushed himself upright and started walking around the small space, circling the table and Y/N. "You really expect me to use you and leave you powerless as we try to escape the prison during which time anything could happen? No."

"Yes. You'll be strong enough to get us out."

"If I take your powers you would be vulnerable. I won't risk you getting hurt," Loki said as he turned to face her.

Y/N took a step closer, "It will only be for a couple of minutes. You can protect me."

"I am not taking advantage of you," Loki said matter-of-factly before he walked away from her again.

"Loki pleas—"

"I'm not doing it!" he yelled.

Y/N looked at him wide-eyed as silence fell between them. She steadied her breath and tried to calm herself down. This was exactly what Odin wanted, this is why he had put them together in this tiny cell. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

"Firstly," she said calm but firm, "you will never scream at me like that ever again. And secondly, I'll be fine. It'll be really quickly so we are doing this."

Loki squared his shoulders. "No," he said like a child during his last act of defiance.

"Now you listen to me kjæresten min. Yes, we should have never come back, this place makes you miserable. I see that now, I'm sorry I didn't before." Y/N stepped closer and took his hands in hers. "So... Let's go back and start a family."

Loki's eyes softened and his thumbs caressed the back of her hands.

"You know I'm right darling. Come here," she pulled him toward her. Loki closed his eyes and shook his head but said nothing as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.