14. Training

That night Loki lay in his bed when he heard a heavy thunder outside. He instantly knew it was his brother and got up to go outside and confront him.

He saw Thor standing hidden between the trees at the foot of the hill beside the hotel. Loki walked past him, deeper into the small forest. Once they were both sure that no mortal could interrupt them he asked, "Brother, why are you here?"

"How is y/n doing?" Thor asked in return. "Does she remember anything?"

After a moment of silence, Loki replied, "Are you asking or is Odin?" His father's name spat out like poison.

"He wanted her powers for you! So he tossed her into an abyss. All because you're the one that should be king!"

"I had nothing to do with this Loki," Thor said walking towards his little brother.

"No, of course not! You just stand idly by while I am the one who is doi-"

"So she doesn't," Thor said interrupting Loki.

Loki was visibly irritated, his brows furrowed and he took a step backwards.

"What if it is futile brother?"Thor asked, "What if it is not true love?"

Loki felt the anger rise from the depths of his body, fuelled by his own fears and insecurities.

"Quiet! How dare you speak to me like this?" He pushed his brother out of the way and walked higher up on the hill. When he had, quite literally, the higher ground he turned around, "You wouldn't know Odinson!" Loki spat, using their surname as an insult.

"You wouldn't know what true love entails. But if you must know, I will make her love me again."

"What is blocking her memories then Loki? What if there is another?" Thor said vocalizing the first thoughts that came to mind.

"I AM HER ONLY!" he screamed in Thor's face.

Thor grabbed Loki's shoulders, demanding he stayed put. His grip as fierce as his words, "If that were true she would have remembered! Give up this poisonous dream!"

His face softened as did his words. He meant no harm, he just wanted to see his little brother happy.

"Come home," Thor begged.

Loki looked at his brother. A condescending smile spread across his face and he shook his head.

"Not without y/n."

Loki pushed past his brother, "We are done here."

He left Thor in the dark of the night.

The next morning he met Y/N for breakfast.

"I have to go to this other city today," she explained.

"So you'll be gone the entire day?"

"Yes, sadly I am. The drive alone takes about two hours."

Y/N looked at her watch, "I have to go."

Without a word, Loki stood up, grabbed her hand and walked with her towards the entrance of the hotel.

"Thank you for walking me to my taxi."

"Of course, don't mention it."

"I was thinking that we could have a late dinner together," Y/N said. "We could eat in your room and I could stay the night?" Y/N actually felt bad because of what she was about to do.

Loki glanced at her with a loving look

He stopped walking when they stood in front of the car, "If that is what you want my love."