13. Powers awoken

The next morning Y/N felt two long arms snake around her middle. She let Loki pull her into his chest.

"Good morning," Loki kissed the top of her head.

"Hi..." Y/N tilted her head up and kissed his lips.

"What time is it?" she asked.

"Almost nine," he said closing his eyes and resting his head against hers.

"Oh shit. I have a conference call, I have to go."

She pushed herself away from Loki and went to sit on de side of the bed.

"Are you okay?" he asked concerned.

Y/N looked over her shoulder, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, but I want to be sure that you're okay with... Well... this," he waved his hand over his naked body.

She chuckled, "I am very much okay with it." She leaned back and kissed him.

"I don't know what this is yet exactly. And I don't know if I can trust you fully, but I'm willing to find out."

"You can trust me," Loki said looking into her eyes.

"I hope so," Y/N stood up, putting on her dress.

"Won't you take a shower with me?"

"I would very much like to, but I need a change of clothes so I can't. But you should shower," she continued putting on her shoes as well.

"Why? Don't you like the smell of sex in the morning," he joked.

Y/N shook her head smiling. "Will I see you after work?"

"Naturally."

Y/N leaned in again, giving him a quick kiss before leaving.

She walked through the hotel gardens alone, her room was in an annexe building. Y/N felt content. The sweet smell of tropical flowers brought a smile to her face. Even though she might not know exactly where this with Leo could end, she was happy it started. She had no illusions, this was a start, nothing more. At least... not yet. She still felt some reservations although she could not fully explain to herself what those were or why she had them.

Suddenly, she heard a whooshing sound behind her. She spun around to see Stephen coming out of an odd orange spinning circle. Her jaw nearly hit the floor.

"Y/N don't freak out..." Stephen said walking towards her, "But I need you to come with me."

"WHAT THE FUUUCK!!!" Y/N screamed.

"I said don't freak out," he looked at her like she was the dumbest person around.

"Excuse me?!"

"What?" he said clearly not getting the problem.

"What do you mean, what?! How am I supposed to not freak out? What in the world is that?" she pointed towards the orange portal.

"I promise I'll explain everything, but right now we need to go before someone sees us," Stephen held out his hand.

The gesture comforted her a little.

She took his hand as he guided her through the portal. When she turned around it closed.

She took in her surroundings, "What? How am I home? I was just... I was in Spain," she walked towards the front door.

Y/N opened the door and walked the stone steps down, "I... How.." she said as she saw the familiar plaque with golden letters '177 BLEECKER ST'. "Stephen! You better explain!" she turned and went back inside where she found Wong.