19. Breakfast is served

Y/N's eyes fluttered open. The golden light from the candle swayed over the bed. She felt disoriented and had trouble understanding what had woken her up.

Bzzzzz

A hard white light came into view on her left, waking Y/N up completely.

Training! She forgot to set her alarm.

She carefully grabbed Leo's arm that rested on top of her and placed it softly on the bed before quickly picking up her clothes off the ground and grabbing her phone from the nightstand, ready to leave within seconds.

02:05 AM You ready?

02:09 AM Are you there?

02:20 AM Y/N you okay? Are you awake?

02:25 AM I'm starting to get worried... Where are you?

02:31 AM Y/N?

She read Stephen's texts and felt bad for making him worry. She sat on the side of the bed, arms full of clothes, her phone in her hand. She started to reply in a hurry...

Sorry! 2 minutes, we'll meet -

She stopped typing as reality hit her. She wasn't in her room, where were they going to meet? She could hardly have Stephen pick her up in Leo's bathroom. She felt her chest tighten and she started to feel hot, her breathing sped up a little as she frantically tried to come up with a solution. And that God damned headache! If this kept on going she should really go and see a doctor.

Y/N looked over her shoulder, Leo seemed to be asleep and so she turned her focus back to her phone.

A new message came in.

I'm in your room, where are you?!

Fuck, she thought to herself.

Coming! She replied.

She rapidly stepped into her clothes and left the room, silently closing the door behind her before she sprinted down the halls towards her hotel room.

Y/N threw the door open and immediately noticed the floor lamp in the corner near the window was turned on. She saw Stephen standing in the middle of the room at the foot of her bed. He looked different. He wore a blue tunic and a red cloak was draped over his shoulders.

She slammed the door shut and took a few big steps towards him, nearly out of breath.

"I'm so sor-"

She didn't get to finish her sentence. Stephen grabbed her face with both hands. His eyes widened and his eyebrows knitted together, a concerned look on his face.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he patted her on her face, shoulders, arms and hands as if checking for injuries. Once Y/N felt his hands in her neck she grabbed his wrists, making him stop.

"I'm fine. I'm so sorry to make you worry," she soothed him.

Stephen breathed a sigh of relief and pulled her into his arms.

"I'm sorry," she said again as she held him tightly around his waist.

"It's okay. I'm being overprotective, I know. I just don't ever want to have to step into another hospital room with you being the patient."

Y/N remembered the way they had met. She remembered how in awe she had been of him. The butterflies she had felt then were now very much present again.

She pulled away just a little and moved her hand up to grab his neck and pull him down a little. Y/N gently placed her lips on his cheek. Not the quick peck she used to give but a slow, soft, loving kiss. After her lips left the side of his face she nudged his cheekbone with her nose.