27. What Is "Victory"?

*A long Chapter*

Bighit High vs Woolim High pt4

It was already night, rain started to lash during the night while the game is still going.

Score: 27-45 to Woolim.

Crowd: The first half finished with them slowly pulling away. This game's over. Let's go.

Pledis pov

Chan: If they lose this badly, people will think we're weak.
Mingyu: I don't know that we could've beaten them.
Seokmin: How can the addition of a single member change this team so much?

YG pov

Asahi: Show some spirit, Bighit.
Hyunsuk: They are, you idiot. After being show such a difference in their strength, they're still surely hanging in there. I'd give them props.

Asahi's phone dropped to ground.

Horoscope: Next up, Oha Asa Horoscope! Aquariuses should play it quiet today. Cancers will have a great day. As long as you have your lucky item, a Racoon, you have nothing to fear...

Woolim locker room

Woolim coach: This is simply the result of our abilities. It's not bad. It's not good either. The other side hasn't given up yet. Changuk, play offensively during the second half. Finish them. That's all.
Woolim players: Yes, sir!

Minseo: Hey, what are you doing? you didn't even listen to the coach *to junho*
Junho: As you can see, I'm fixing my nails. My shots depend on my nails.
Minseo's thoughts: That's why he always tapes his fingers. This is more than fastidious, it's obsessive.

Hyeop: Hey Junho, I've been wondering about it all day. What's the deal with this raccoon?
Junho: It is my lucky item.
Hyeop: What? This thing was on the bench all during the first half! It's in the way!
Yunseong: why don't we break it? Let's break it!

Bighit locker room

Everyone was just silent in the locker room.

Yeji's thoughts: No one's talking. What should I do? I have to say something to raise their spirits.

Yeji: Hey, everyone...
Yeonjun: Coach, it's okay. You're probably going to say something stupid anyway. Read the situation.

Yeonjun's thoughts: I'm glad you're trying to cheer us up, but, honestly, I can't imagine us winning.

Taehyun: Kai, what are you doing? *seeing Kai holding a camera*
Kai: Someone taped Minseo during the first half.
Taehyun: Do you have a plan?
Kai: I don't know.
Taehyun: You don't know?
Kai: I have thought about winning, but I have never wondered if I can win or not. Even if we lose by 100 points, there's a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second.
Taehyun: You're right.
Yeonjun: Don't give me that! There isn't going to be a meteor. That's a crazy thought.
Donghyun: But what if they all get stomach aches?
Yeonjun: Don't get carried away. That won't happen either.
Jihoon: Well, compared to that, a second-half comeback is way more realistic.
Yeonjun: Let's just keep running and think after the game's over. Let's go!
Bighit players: Yeah!

At the court

Referee: Let the third quarter begin.

YG pov

Asahi: Huh? Kai's on the bench.
Hyunsuk: We'll, he can't do anything as long as Minseo's there. But they don't even have a strategy.