37. Let's Get Started

Bighit High School

Yeonjun and Yeji walking through the corridor.

Yeji: Say, Junnie, should we go to the beach during summer vacation?
Yeonjun: Yeah, the beach is nice *tired*
Yeji: Or maybe the mountains?
Yeonjun: Yeah, mountains are good, too *tired*
Yeji: *pouting* Hey, are you even listening?
Yeonjun: Hmm? I don't care where we go...as long as we can practice hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bighit High Gym

Yeji: This year, at the beginning and end of summer vacation, we'll be going to the beach and to the mountains!
Yeonjun: The qualifiers for the Winter Cup start right after summer vacations ends! It's important we use this vacation as effectively as possible. Let's give it everything we have! Dismissed!
Everyone: Good work!

Yeji: Sorry. I have to go talk to the teachers about our training camps.
Yeonjun: Okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beomgyu: Ow!
Kai: *dragging the scoreboard* Sorry.
Beomgyu: That hurt. Look where you're walking!
Kai: I said I'm sorry.
Beomgyu: Watch where you're going next time!
Kai: Beomgyu, you're so mean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jihoon: They've started talking to each other again, but they seem to be arguing a lot more.
Hyunwoo: Are they okay?
Soobin: They're fine.
Jihoon: But they didn't pass to each other during practice today.
Soobin: It's just for now. They'll pass again in the winter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beach

Hyunwoo: I smell the beach. Let's hurry!
Yeonjun: Hyunwoo, shut up.
Jihoon: Let's swim.
Yeonjun: This is a training camp, you idiot!
Taehyun: So, what are those? *pointed at something*

Taehyun pointed at a basketball court in the sand.

Yeji: My dad brought them here for me.
Taehyun: Don't tell me we're going to—
Yeji: We're going to play basketball. Imagine the team's power as an equation. If the individuals' numbers are low, we'll never make a big number. What Bighit needs now is to improve the skills of each individual player. But don't get the wrong idea. We're not creating a team of individual strengths, but increasing each One of the powers we combine as a team. Bighit wins as a team. Shooting, passing, dribbling. In order to improve all of your actions, we have to start with the foundation of your legs and hips. That's why we're on the beach.
Beomgyu: *stepping the sand* This is going to make us twice as tired.
Yeji: We'll start by doing three times the normal amount of practice. Let's get this training camp from hell started! *blows whistle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The players were running back and forth and they couldn't even bounce the ball.

Beomgyu: I can't move at all!

Yeonjun called for a pass from Kai, Kai tried to bounce pass, but, it stayed on the sand.

Yeonjun: Kai, you can't bounce your passes!

Taehyun's thoughts: Since we can't dribble, we have to make plays by passing.