35. On To A New Challenge pt2

While Soobin introduced himself to Kai, Kai remembered something Yeji said about a player coming back. He was wondering if this was the guy.

Kai: Are you Soobin?
Soobin: Yeah that's right, you heard of me?
Kai: Yeji noona told me a player was coming back and that's you?
Soobin: Yep.
Kai: Um, do you want something?
Soobin: You're interesting.
Kai: Huh?
Soobin: Basketball is about generalists. It's a sport for guys who can do everything. Put loosely, you'll be okay with five scorers who can pass. That doesn't always work, which is why you have positions, and sometimes teams keep a specialist as their sixth man. But I've never seen a specialist as extreme as you. It's extraordinary to specialize so thoroughly in a single thing.

Soobin took a step back, soobin asked for the ball from Kai and Kai passed the ball to him.

Soobin: *starting bouncing the ball* But aren't you the one...

Soobin goes for a layup and made it in.

Soobin: assuming that's your limit?

Kai was surprised and he was still listening.

Soobin: It's impressive you can view yourself so objectively and play in that way. But you may be taking it too far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*phone ringing*

Beomgyu: Hello?
Yeonjun: Beomgyu, are your legs okay?
Beomgyu: Yeah.
Yeonjun: Practice! Didn't I tell you to come even if you couldn't play?
Beomgyu: Once my legs heal, I'll be there starting next week. Bye.
Yeonjun: Hey!

Beomgyu hung up the phone and went back to sleep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soobin: We're still high schoolers. Believe in your own potential a little more. I'm just talking to myself. See you next week, Hueningkai.
Kai: Excuse me.
Soobin: Yeah?
Kai: Just call me Kai. Soobin sunbaenim.
Soobin: All right then, Kai. See you next week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next week...

Bighit High School Gym

Yeji: Ryu and chae, I haven't seen you guys in a while. You guys are gonna watch us practice?
Ryujin: Yeah and After you guys lost against that monster, it wasn't the right time for us to talk you just in case if you're really that depressed about it.
Yeji: It's fine. Some of us moved on and some of us didn't just yet.
Ryujin: Beomgyu and Kai am I right?
Yeji: *slowly nodded* Oh by the way, where's Lia?
Chaeryeong: She forgot her back in her classroom, she's coming.
Lia: I'm here. Thanks for waiting
Yeji: There you are! Come in.

The four girls went inside the gym and some of the guys are already there.

Yeonjun: Mm? You three are here?
Ryujin: There's nothing to do after school so might as well come and watch you guys train.

Chaeryeong: *Approached Taehyun* Hey, Tae.
Taehyun: Oh hey chae, came to watch us play?
Chaeryeong: Yeah, and are you guys okay after the loss?
Taehyun: Yeah I'm alright now. It was devastating, but, I'm alright now.
Chaeryeong: *smiles* That's good to hear.
Taehyun: *smiles* you have a nice smile.
Chaeryeong: *blushed a bit* Really? Oh, Thank You.

Taehyun's thoughts: That smile....I've seen that smile before. It's like I've....seen her before or knew her before. Why does she look familiar?