10. Take Care of the Counter Attack! Pt2

Bighit High vs YG High Pt 4

Meanwhile somewhere, a person was pedalling a cart with someone in it. Which is odd.

???: *panting while pedalling* Damn it, we were supposed to trade at the signal. You haven't pedalled once!
???: Of course I haven't. Today's "Oha-Asa" horoscope predicted the greatest of days for Cancers like me.
???: What does that have to do with this? Any way, if we're coming all the way out here to see a practice match, your middle school teammates better be good!
???: It's the copycat and the invisible man.
???: Are they good?
???: Hurry up, or the game will be over.
???: It's your fault for reading horoscopes!

Back to the game

Everyone was playing hard for both sides

"They're not as good without Kai, but their offensive team isn't bad. They're putting No.4's shooting ability to good use." Hyunsuk thought

Both teams have been scoring endlessly. Three after three, dunk after dunk and so on. Jihoon from Bighit looked at the score

Jihoon: The score is 48-52 to them and there's a minute and a half left in the second quarter.

Taehyun has the ball, saw Yeonjun wide open and made a midrange shot.

"This isn't easy. On top of that, we lost power when we lost Kai. I'm starting to lose focus. I don't think we can make a comeback." Yeonjun thought.

Jeonghoon: Coach, isn't there anything we can do?
Yeji: They don't have any energy left for the plays after the first half's pace. If only we had Kai...

Suddenly, Kai's hand moved and said...

Kai: Very well.
Yeji: Huh? *looked to where Kai is*

Kai got up after fainting.

Kai: I'll be going, then
Yeji: Hey, wait. *trying to stop kai* What are you talking about?
Kai: But you just told me to go.
Yeji: I didn't tell you to do that. It just slipped out.
Kai: Then I'm going.
Yeji: Hey!
Kai: If I can change anything by going out there, please. Besides, I promised Beomgyu I would be his shadow.
Yeji: *sigh* Fine. But if I think you're in trouble, I'm switching you out immediately.

Ref blows the whistle for member exchange.

Hyunwoo got off the floor to switch with Kai.

Beomgyu and Kai stared at each other for a couple of seconds.

Beomgyu: Let's go.
Kai: Yeah.

At the other side, Asahi stared at them out of jealousy.

After the last two quarters both teams have been scoring. Score after score, dunk after dunk and pass after pass especially Kai's passes.

Hyunsuk: We were just getting used to him, but now he's back at full power. It must be because he stayed out the last two quarters.

Crowd: Whoa, seriously? Eighty to eighty-two? They're catching up!

Beomgyu has the ball passed to Kai and passed to Yeonjun who made midrange shot to tie the score.

Crowd: They're tied!! Bighit finally caught up!

"We're tied?" Asahi smiled and then his expression changed to serious.

Hyunsuk got the possession of the ball and passed to Asahi.

Hyunsuk: Asahi! *passed the ball to him*

Asahi easily got passed Kai by one dribble, Kai tried to steal the ball from the back like he did before, but, it didn't work this time he crossed over from the right to the left, Asahi got passed Beomgyu easily and made a wide open dunk.

Beomgyu and Kai were shocked.

"He's even stronger? Did he see through Kai?" Beomgyu thought.

Asahi: I won't lose. Not to anyone. Not even Hueningkai.

Yeonjun: This isn't good. Give it your all, everyone. This'll be just like the first quarter from here on out. A back and forth run and gun game! Hurry up, defense!!

Yeji: Yeonjun, hurry! Hangyeol, post up!!
Jihoon: Beomgyu!!
Hyunwoo: Go, go!!

Coach: What are you doing?!! You're slow getting back!!

Both teams endlessly kept scoring one after the other.

There was only two minutes left and the score is 91-93 to YG.

"There's only two minutes left, please, hurry!" Yeji thought.

Crowd: They're tied again. Ninety-eight to ninety-eight.

Hyunsuk: These resilient bastards! Finish them!

Yeonjun: There's no time left! Get them! If we don't take the ball here, it's over!

Kai: Beomgyu.
Beomgyu: Huh?
Kai: if we can get the ball, there's one more thing we can do Asahi can't copy. It's a simple strategy that will only work once, though.

"There's less than ten seconds left. We don't have the strength to play in overtime." Yeji thought

Yeji: You can't just defend, take the ball!!

Hyunsuk dribbled to the right wing and Yeonjun came to stop him but he couldn't jump in time.

"Worthless piece of crap!" Yeonjun thought.

Hyunsuk did a jump shot but got blocked by Beomgyu out of nowhere. Yeonjun got the rebound and threw the ball to the other side of the court where both Beomgyu and Kai are.

Hyunsuk: Don't let them through!!

Beomgyu dribble the ball but Asahi's guarding him and Kai by himself. Beomgyu passed the ball to Kai and caught the ball.

"Kai can't shoot! With only two of them, he'll have to pass it back to Beomgyu!" Asahi thought.

But Kai shot the ball.

"He shot the ball?" Asahi thought.

Hyunsuk: No... it's an alley-oop!

Asahi: I won't let you do that!!!

Asahi went to after Beomgyu to block his alley-oop dunk. Asahi jumped with him to try and block him. But, even though they jumped at the same time, Asahi fell first.

"He's still climbing? How far will he go? We jumped at the same time, but I'm falling first. How can you stay in the air so long?" Asahi thought.

Beomgyu: This ends now!!

Beomgyu caught the ball in mid-air and made the alley-oop.

The whistle's blown and the game's over.

To be continued...