15. You'll See Something Amazing.

Hey guys sorry for not uploading for quite a while I was too busy with online classes and projects.

Anyways back to where we left off...

After Beomgyu dunked the ball. Seokwoo was speechless

Seokwoo: What? What just happened?
Jaeyoon: Let's get them back!

Jaeyoon passed the ball to his teammate but got stolen by Kai, he slapped the ball to the ground and the ball went up. But, Kai actually passed it to Beomgyu for an alley-oop which he succeeded.

Seokwoo: Who are these guys?

Crowd: What? They dunked the ball after they stole it. That's two dunks in a row. This is still the first round preliminaries.

While Bighit went back to defense...

Yeonjun: That was amazing. Has Kai always been this good? *Looked at Beomgyu* Are you really that mad about being called a kid?
Beomgyu: Yeah. It's like, don't talk until you've played them.

Referee blew the whistle and the first quarter ended.

On the bench

Yeji: Kai, you've got a time limit, so we're swapping you out here. Because we have to start reserving Kai's strength, we'll lose some power during the mid-game, so don't let them close the point gap. They don't have any dangerous players aside from Seokwoo. Ultimately, it all comes down to how well Beomgyu can handle Seokwoo.
Beomgyu: Just leave it to me.

Back to the game

Seokwoo has the possession of the ball dribble to the wing and tried a jump shot. Beomgyu jumped to make him miss but it wasn't enough and Seokwoo made the jump shot.

Taehyun: He really is amazing.
Yeonjun: Has he gotten even taller?

Seokwoo: I'm serious now! I will not lose!!
Beomgyu: I couldn't ask for any more. I'm starting to get excited, Seokwoo!

Bighit has the possession of the ball, Taehyun passed the ball to Yeonjun, He tried to shoot a three point, but it was too short and missed. Beomgyu boxed out Seokwoo for a rebound which he succeeded, after Beomgyu got the rebound, he did a standing layup and made the shot.

FNC has the ball

Jaehyoon: Seokwoo, don't let it bother you. We'll give you the ball.

FNC players kept on passing the ball to Seokwoo, but every time Seokwoo tries to shoot, Beomgyu was always there to stop him, But, every time they do that, Beomgyu's jumping gets higher and higher.

Donghyun: Beomgyu's amazing. He's more than keeping him in check. He's not losing to him at all. Looks like his practice is paying off.
Yeji: But don't you think he's trying too hard?

Kai noticed it too and remembered what Asahi said the other day.

*Flashback*

Asahi: Someday he will achieve the level of the Generation of Miracles and grow apart from his team. When he does, do you really believe Beomgyu won't be a different person?

*Flasback ended*

Throughout the game, both teams have been scoring endlessly and it was the fourth quarter the score was 51-60 to Bighit.

"We can't afford to cut this one close" Yeji thought.

Yeji: Kai, can you go the last five minutes?
Kai: Actually, I've been ready for a while.
Yeji: Sorry. Then, go!

When Kai went back to the court, Kai did his amazing passes as always and it changed the flow of the game.

Jaeyoon: What's going on with those passes?

Yeonjun: Don't let your guard down until it's over! Let's get them!

Seokwoo has the ball and tried to go past Beomgyu, but it didn't work.

Seokwoo: No! I don't want to lose!
Beomgyu: You said you were disappointed in the Generation of Miracles, but you overestimated yourself! Compared to you... they're way stronger!

The time ran out and the game was over. Bighit won the game with the score 79-67.

Jeonghoon: All right! We did it!
Yeonjun: We won Yeji.
Yeji: Mhm *smiled*

Meanwhile at the side of the gym, Junho was watching the game from the beginning.

Yeji's thoughts: In this way, Bighit High successfully made it through our first game of the preliminaries. Our second game was against KQ High. With Kai benched the whole game, we crushed them 118 to 51. Our third game was against C9 High. Last year's top 16, they were a strong team with a good balance of offense and defense.

Yeji: But surprisingly, this is going smoothly

Yeji's thoughts: Our fourth game...

Bighit were warming up for their next game.
Until Kai and Beomgyu saw some players familiar. It turns out It was the same players who got destroyed by Beomgyu, Kai and Asahi at the park.

Bully3: We're against Bighit today.
Bully2: This should be easy. They got destroyed in the championship league last year.
Bully3: They're nothing but a new school that made it through with sheer luck.

Beomgyu: Huh? It's those guys from the other day.

Bully3: We'll destroy them this—*bumped to Beomgyu without knowing*
Beomgyu: So, we meet again.
Kai: Hello.

All bully players: They're going to destroy us.

Yeji's thoughts: was against Cube High. For some reason our opponents were terrified the whole time, and we destroyed them 108 to 41.

Sanghoon: We're doing well. At this rate, maybe we'll easily make it through the preliminaries all the way to the championship league.
Taehyun: How naive.
Jihoon: It must be nice being so young and carefree.
Yeonjun: For the last ten years, the same three schools have moved on to the championship league from Seoul. King of the East, Woolim. King of the West, DSP. King of the North, Pledis. They're evenly matched, so the top team changes every year, but they never let anyone else get better than fourth place. They're the three immobile kings of Seoul. After our fifth match are the semifinals, then the finals. In the finals, we'll most likely come up against...The king of the East, Woolim, that acquired Cha Junho of the Generation of Miracles.
Jeonghoon: But you guys made it to the championship league last year, didn't you?
Yeonjun: Yeah, but we didn't stand a chance.

Beomgyu's thoughts: Our seniors definitely aren't weak, but...

Suddenly the crowds were gossiping

Crowd: Look they're here.

Yeonjun: Looks like they came.
Yeji: It's better to see something for yourself than hear about it. First years, prepare yourselves. You're going to see something amazing today. They're supposed to be even more amazing this year.

Woolim High making their way to the court.

Yeji: One of the three kings of Seoul, Woolim High.

To be continued...