36. I Don't Want To Be

Woolim High School Gym

Minseo: Changuk Hyung.
Changuk: Mm?
Minseo: Who's Bighit's number seven?
Changuk: Number seven?
Minseo: When I went to return some DVDs to our club room, I found an article on Bighit in last year's Monthly Basketball. There was one guy I didn't recognize.
Changuk: Must be him.
Minseo: Him?
Changuk: The guy who was Bighit's center last year. Their team used to revolve around the cooperative inside and outside play between him and their number four, Yeonjun. For some reason, he didn't show up at the championship league. If he had been there, we probably wouldn't have tripled their score. No, we may even have lost.
Minseo: *shocked* What?

Minseo's thoughts: Last year they didn't have Kai or Beomgyu, and they had only just formed.

Minseo: How much credit are you going to give them? Right Junho? I guess you wouldn't know, right?
Junho: I know him.
Minseo: What?
Junho: From middle school. We only played him once, but I remember him. Kai had not joined yet, so he likely does not know about him.
Minseo: What kind of guy is he?
Junho: It was similar to the recent JYP game. In the face of overwhelming odds, just like Kai, he refused to give up until the very end.
Minseo: Hold on. That doesn't make any sense.
Junho: mm?
Minseo: You ended up going to see the championship league! "I don't want to see it," my ass!
Junho: ......I simply live nearby.
Minseo: You live far away! And in the opposite direction! I know!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bighit High School Gym

The one on one started between Soobin and Beomgyu. Soobin have the ball while Beomgyu guarding him, Soobin crossed over from left to right, and past Beomgyu.

Beomgyu's thoughts: He's bigger than me, but he's pretty fast!

Soobin was going for the layup, but Beomgyu blocked him.

Soobin's thoughts: So high! His jumps really are unbelievable in person.

Donghyun: Amazing!
Sanghoon: Neither one is budging.
Jeonghoon: They're evenly matched?
Yeonjun: Soobin really is amazing. He hasn't played in a while, but he's doing this well against Beomgyu.
Hyunwoo: But Beomgyu's the one pressuring him.

Yeonjun's thoughts: But what is this? Soobin's movements...

Beomgyu dribbled left to right then back to left and spun around to the right and broke past Soobin.

Jihoon: He broke past him?

Soobin's thoughts: Crap, I responded too slowly!

Beomgyu going for a dunk, Soobin going for the block, but Beomgyu ducked while in the air and reverse dunk the ball and made it in.

Sanghoon: He dunked from behind. Beomgyu wins.

Soobin: *sighs* You got me. I lost. Just like I promised, you can start.
Beomgyu: Okay.
Yeji: Hey!
Beomgyu: I'm going. Good work.

Beomgyu went out of the gym to go home.

Hyunwoo: What are you thinking, Soobin?
Soobin: He really is strong.
Yeji: *slaps Soobin's head* And what are we going to do without you?
Soobin: *scratching is head* I can't help it. Saying I haven't been playing isn't much of an excuse. This is the best I can do.
Yeonjun: That's not your best. You're acting too stupid. Look at your feet!

When everyone looked down, Soobin was wearing indoor shoes.

Yeonjun: Those are indoor shoes, you moron!