Chapter 20

You can hear it in the silence.
You can feel it on the way home. You can see it with the lights out. You are in love. True Love.
You are in love.

Taylor Swift - You R In Love

....

I waited impatiently in my room for the door to unlock and every second felt like hours of waiting. I was nervous as well.

What if Caleb sees him coming to my room?

I'd be doomed that's for sure. One thing that was bothering me the most was not Caleb anymore. It was where this thing with Zach was going? What are we even doing? It was obvious at this point I had feelings for him.

I hated myself for it but I couldn't help it.

Who am I to say no to my heart and body? The feelings were too strong I couldn't fight them anymore. I knew very well that as much as they were too strong there was still maybe a five percent chance of me being able to back out of this before I couldn't anymore but I chose not to anyway.

My door opened and my breath caught up in my throat. I felt his presence before I even looked at the door. His presence was so powerful it had me weak in my knees. I couldn't win with this guy. He was too dangerous for me.

But I loved it.

He closed the door then walked towards me slowly. His footsteps felt heavy on my floor. My body screamed for his embrace and as he got closer my hairs would stand, heart beat faster and my breathing would get heavy.

"Hey" he started as he sat on my bed with me. I turned to look at him and that's when I finally got a glimpse of him.

He looked tired with bags underneath his eyes but he was still very handsome. How could someone so handsome want me? A kid?

"You're back" I whispered. My voice decided to ditch me when I needed it the most.
"Yeah. No hug?" He smiled and I felt butterflies in my stomach.
"Sure." I leaned closer and he did the same till there was no gap between.

Immediately he touched my body, the electrifying feeling ignited. It was like he just started some kind of fire in me. The one that only burns for him and I wasn't complaining because I was loving the warmth it gave me.

"You really missed me huh?" I blushed not looking at him. "I missed you as well Kyla." Oh My God! He said he missed me.

"I'd miss me too I'm amazing I know." He laughed at me while I smiled.

"The amazing Kyla I see." We both stared at each other not saying a word. This moment with him felt so right. So perfect. "You never got to tell me what happened Sunday night." He broke the silence and I gulped looking into his warm beautiful eyes.

"I just stayed out for too long and forgot to tell Caleb about it." I told him.

"He was so worried I thought he was going to have a meltdown or something." I giggled.

"Why would he? He's not a person with emotional issues or anger issues right?" He cleared his throat shaking his head.

"It's just that he really cares about you Kyla. Well to be honest he really loves you as his little sister. You have no idea what you mean to him." He stared at me for a moment. "You have no idea what you mean to me." He whispered the last part.

"What do I mean to you Zach?"

I whispered as well getting closer to him, not breaking eye contact. Instead of telling me he showed me by capturing my lips in his softly and tenderly. He pushed me gently to lie down and I did. He got on top of me still not breaking the kiss.