Chapter 60

Week 24: The baby is the size of an eggplant, weighing 680 grams and is 31.7 centimetres from head to heels.

________________________________________

I glanced at my watch one more time before I sighed in frustration and dropped myself on the couch again.

"He's still not there yet?" Ari asked through my phone.

"Yup. You know I'm even thinking of leaving him behind. He has clearly bailed on me right now." I sighed again. "Aghhhh!"

"Let me try texting him again." She said. My door burst open startling me. "Is that him?"

"Clyde!! I thought we agreed on not being late. Where the hell were you?" He caught his breath for a moment.

"I am so sorry Ky. I lost track of time." He paced to his room immediately.

"Ari. He's here we'll be home soon." She smiled.

"Okay. See you soon." She said and I hung up. I paced to his room to make sure he's not being slow. I opened the door and he had taken his shirt off. I saw hickeys all over his chest.

"Seriously?! Clyde you ditched me to get laid?" He looked at me unsure of what to say.

"I'm sooooooorry. I thought it was going to be a quicky but it turned to something else. Listen let's go I had already packed I just came to change a shirt." I spotted his small bag on his bed.

"Come on." I walked out of the room and he followed. We went to the car on the ground level and I drove us home.

"Are you still mad?" He asked after about twenty minutes of silence in the car. I shook my head slowly.

"I'm not." He sighed loudly.

"I know you are. I'm just really sorry Ky. I don't know what it is with Joseph but every time I see him I just forget everything. Is this how love feels?" I cleared my throat.

"Love? You're already in love?" I asked.

"I don't know I have never been loved or have loved anybody before." My heart hurt when he said that.

"But I do love you." I said and he let out a chortle.

"Okay I take that back. You love me and I love you too. Just like Hazel and Megan. Oh and Ari too but I meant the relationship kind of love." I took a deep breath.

"You should at least take it easy first. Don't jump to love just yet Clyde. Sometimes people aren't who they say they are." I could see him from corner of my eye that he looked confused.

"Kyla what do you mean by that? You're the one who encouraged me to love in the first place. Now you're saying I shouldn't?" Lord how do I tell him?

"I know but maybe I was wrong." He scoffed.

"Wrong?" I concentrated on the road trying not to be too obvious. "Kyla are you hiding something from me?" My heart started racing.

"Clyde I just want you to be careful you know. I mean you don't even know Joseph that much." Just tell him the truth and stop confusing him.

It's not that easy!!!

"I seriously don't know what has gotten into you but I know you so well to know when you're hiding something. I can tell it's about Joseph too."

"He's cheating on you." I finally blurted out. My heart finally stopped racing.

"What?!" I turned left and entered the road leading home.