Chapter 50

Week 14: The fetus is now almost 8 centimetres and weighs 93 grams. The fetus can move around and starting to uncurl and straighten up. The fetus starts to hear as the heartbeat accelerates in response to sounds.

________________________________________

I woke up in the morning to my loud ringtone blasting through my speaker. My brother was calling me. I picked up.

"Hello." I said sleepily.

"Good morning Kid." He started.

"Caleb." I groaned.

"Are you still sleeping?" He asked.

"Of course, it's still early. Have you checked the time?" He chuckled over the phone.

"I'm guessing you're late for class. Kyla it's almost ten am." I gasped getting up immediately.

"Oh my God!" I looked at my phone to confirm the time.

"You must have had a late night."

"I didn't I just overslept. Caleb I really have to go. I'll call you back later okay?"

"Wait! You might as well miss the class you're already late." He said.

"What?! Are you crazy?"

"No Kid it's just that I kind of called because I need to see you. I need you to come over." He sounded serious.

"Caleb are you okay? Why do you need me?" I panicked because I hadn't seen my brother in a long time so I was also worried he might not be okay but at the same time I didn't want him seeing my baby bump.

Which obviously could be hidden with a hoodie.

"Please just come over Ky. If you're not up for driving I'll send Jerry over to come pick you up." He said. I sighed heavily feeling defeated.

"Fine I'll come over and I'll drive myself don't worry."

"Yes!! Okay I'll have Brie prepare your favourite." I chuckled and hung up.

I quickly showered and left the apartment immediately. I arrived home forty-five minutes later and Caleb was waiting for me by the door.

"You really couldn't wait to see me could you?" I said when I got out of the car.

"Just come here." I giggled giving him a hug. He hugged me tighter than I expected.

"Okay you're killing me." I said.

"That's for being so scarce lately." I hit his arm and we walked into the manor. I definitely missed home.

"Kyla!" Brie came running. She gave me a big hug. I smiled and hugged her back. "I missed you so much. Why don't you ever come and visit?"

"Well I am here right?" I said.

"After two months." She shouted.

"School has been hectic Brie. Don't worry my birthday is coming soon plus Thanksgiving I'll be here and we can gossip all day long." She giggled giving me a second hug.

"Okay. Should I get you anything?" I shook my head.

"No I'm fine." I said and she left.

"She has been bugging me to convince you to come back." I chuckled and we walked to the living room.

"Well it's nice to see you two have become best buds." He let out a chuckle.

"That's because you made me realise I could be friends with my employees." I smiled at him.