Chapter 52

Week 16: The baby is about the size of an avocado. Weighs 147 grams and 11.7 centimetres in size. The baby can move freely and has started to make more purposeful movement.

_________________________________________

I walked into my dorm and threw my jacket on the couch. I dropped my keys in the bowl and headed to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and took a bottle of water.

"Hi" I spilled the water on my chest when I was startled by Clyde. "Sorry." He leaned by the door frame leading to his room.

"It's fine." I grabbed a towel and wiped myself.

"You're back early." He said

"Yeah I changed my mind." He thought I was coming back tomorrow.

"Is everything okay Ky?" He looked worried.

"Yeah I just need to take a nap it's been a long drive." I said grabbing my jacket. I went past him but he grabbed my arm.

"You don't have to lie to me you know." He let go and went to his room. I sighed feeling like crying because of burying all my emotions all the time and pretending like I'm okay. He came back with a piece of white paper. "I didn't mean to but I came across this when I was looking for some of your notes in your room."

I took it and my heart raced when I realised what he had discovered.

"Clyde y-you shouldn't have seen this." I said quickly my hands trembling.

"I'm sorry I did. I swear I wasn't snooping around." He said. I kept quiet. "Does the baby daddy know?" I nodded and showed him to my room. We sat on my bed.

"He's actually the one that knew I'm pregnant before I even realised." I said taking a deep breath.

"Is he happy?" I chuckled.

"Yeah and very supportive. I just don't know how to feel about this. I mean every day I'm trying to accept the fact that I am going to be a mother but I don't know if I deserve this right now."

"Kyla children are a gift. No matter how they come." I let out another chuckle.

"Right. So God decided to bless me with a baby at seventeen. You know that is just great." I shook my head.

"Don't say that. First of all you're the one who had sex not Him." I glared at him. "Hey I am your friend so I have to tell you the truth."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore." He scoffed.

"Well I'm sorry but you have to talk to someone."

"Well I am sorry to disappoint you but I don't have to and I will not. Now if you don't mind I want to rest."

"I'm not leaving you. You have to take responsibility for your actions. You're not a kid anymore. You had unprotected sex and it led to pregnancy. Accept that and move on. That's the only way you can beat this."

"Really? You think it's that simple? In a few months I'll be all over the internet and everyone will be judging me." My voice started to crack. "You think it's easy being a Davison? The world always expecting me to be perfect. My parents, brother just everyone thinks it's easy being perfect and I am TIRED!" I cried on his shoulder.

"Let it all out." He pat my back as I cried.

"Kylaaaaa!" I heard Megan's voice from the living room. I looked at Clyde still crying.

"I can say you're not back yet if you don't want to see her." I heard Megan talking to someone else and I guessed it was Hazel.

"I'm tired of lying to them." I said wiping my tears. The door opened.