Chapter 8: This One's Nice...

In the corner I saw a beautiful dirty blond boy. He was curled up in the corner of the box. He looked up at me and was evidently scared.

"Hey" I said putting a hand out cautiously and stepped forwards slowly.

"Who are you? Where am I? Why can't I remember anything?" his voice surprised me. He had a thick British accent and it made me melt at the sound of it.

"Whoa there, Greenie. Calm down a bit. You're fine. I'm y/n and this is Alby. We've been in your position before, so don't worry. You'll get you name back soon I'm sorry, but that's all you'll get back. Here take my hand." I said trying to explain some things quickly so we could get out of the box. It still freaked me out every time I was in it.  

Once he finally got up from his seated position, he took my hand in his and shook it.

"So, can we get out of here?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'll give you a tour." I looked up towards Alby. "Could you take all this stuff out of here? I'm going to show are little Greenie here, a tour." I said getting out of the box, giving Greenie a hand that he took and jumped out as well.

"My name isn't 'greenie', lady." he said back to me while getting on to his feet once more.

"And my name isn't 'lady', Greenie. It's y/n. And I'm guessing you don't know your name yet so, for now, it's Greenie. Deal with it." I sassed back. Making him look at me a little funny.

"Well then, y/n. I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking. WHERE THE SHUCK AM I!?!?" he screamed in my face, making me walk backwards a little.

"Well, welcome to the Glade. You just got a one-way ticket to hell by coming up in that box. Sorry. Oh, by the way, what is a 'shuck'?

"I wasn't not done with my questions."

"Yeah, well to bad. I only have the one so when you answer it, you'll be able to ask whatever how many questions as you want. Alright?" I didn't really want to sass him or be mean with him. But I had to make sure that he knows that he can't just walk over me.

He seemed like the type of guy to think he was all in command, but he wasn't. So, I have the responsibility to take care of anyone, and everyone who comes up in that damn box. Including the cute, tall, skinny, dirty blond ones.

"I don't know. Ok? You 'shucking' happy? I don't know anything. I don't know where I am, or who you both are." he said pointing to Alby who was still at the box taking out supplies.

"Yes. I am 'shucking happy. Thank you. Now, let me show you around your new home." I said while we were approaching the homestead.

"We're going to have to put in a new hammock for you, but this is where we sleep. We all have our own thing, like clothes and soap and all that. Take care of it cause that's all they send up every month and don't ruin your clothes, around here those are big ticket items around here. We don't have a lot, we have enough." I said to him while I started walking out.

"Who sent us here? The same people that give us all this 'stuff' or whatever?"

"I assume so, but I've never actually met these people. The bastards. We call them Wicked. Since that's what's on our supply's boxes." I said looking back at him, to make sure he was still following.

"Hey, keep up. We got shit to do before we can go to sleep for the night. You'll sleep in my hammock tonight. Alone. I'll sleep on the floor." I said trying to go faster.

-time skip, 1 hour- 

I've shown Greenie everything. Homestead, kitchen, showers.

Tomorrow we would stay here but the next day he would go out with Alby into the maze.
We need to try and find a way out of here, and after what happened last time, I don't really feel like going back in there.

So after supper, I started a small fire and we just sat around and talked.

Mostly, the Greenie asked questions and tried to figure out the most we could.

Honestly, I don't think he likes me very much. He seems to ignore me and when he does say something to me, it's never more that 2 words.

"All right. Time to get some rest. We need all the the energy we can tomorrow." I said to the boys.

"Yup. You know where to sleep Greenie?" Alby asked the blond boy.

"Yeah, y/n told me. Although I feel bad for you having to sleep on the floor. He said looking back towards me.

I sighed and got up. "It's fine. I'll set you up a hammock tomorrow. Don't worry"

Then I got up and walked to bed, stopping to give Alby a slight hug before going off to homestead.

"Goodbye you two. Don't stay up for much longer." I yelled back at them before entering the large room.

I got settled on the floor next to my hammock, and let sleep finally envelop me.

-Newt P.O.V.-

I got up from my spot near the fire. 

Once I got to homestead, I saw the girl, y/n, wrapped in a blanket on the floor. She was so cute, her head laying on her pillow so light. Her hair a little messy but so bloody nice. She was angeli-

What am I saying? I just met her today. I can't be saying all these things.

I couldn't leave her on the floor. So I picked her up, one arm under her knees and the other supporting her back. I set her on her hammock and pulled the covers over her body to keep her warm.

I sat on the floor with an extra blanket I picked up and set my back on the wall.

I looked at y/n as she was sleeping, it felt a little creepy but did it anyways. I thought about what was going to happen to me. 

I've be rude to her today, but I just.. I don't know. I think... no. I've only known her for like 12 hours. but she was so beautiful, but she could never love me, like I- like I love her.

Wait. Did I just admit that I love her? I guess I did.

Well, Alby, he was a nice guy. I could tell him and y/n were really close. 

I'm quite scared right now, but I feel like I could be ok with Alby and y/n. I just hope I'll be ok. 

I'm just going to have to go with the flow and see what tomorrow has to bring.

-

-

-chapter 8 is done, it was shorter than usual, sorry.

-Good morning/ goodnight Shuckfaces!!! <3