Chapter 27: I'm Alright.

-Y/n P.O.V-

Somehow, we had made it until morning.

We had gotten out of the ivy vines and were walking back to the doors, but of course, it was never that easy.

A large scream brought me out of my thoughts.

As I turned around to Newt, who was walking a bit behind me.

As I turned around, I saw it.

The Griever.

I tried to scream for Newt to get out of the way, but it was too late, the griever took its large mechanical tail and stabbed a needle through Newt's abdomen.

"No!" I yelled. I was going to run to help him out of the monster's grasp but it swiped me off my feet, making me fall back onto the hard floor.

As I was closing my eyes, passing out, I saw for the last time, Newt, flashing me a small smile.

He was on the floor as well, on his back looking at me while bleeding out onto the floor of the maze.

The last thing I was him do before everything went black was him mouthing words to me.

"Remember, WICKED is good."

******

I jumped out of my sleep screaming. "NEWT!"

My back hurt and I was being pushed against the wall, ivy covering me like a blanket.

I wasn't dead.

I'm not dead.

"Love?" I heard him whisper.

I looked to my side so quickly I might have given myself whiplash. "N-Newt? But I just- You were on the floor" I stumbled with my words, my voice cracking due to the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Hey, your ok, my love, it was only a nightmare, you're ok, I'm ok, we are ok." He pulled me back down, wrapping his arms around my shoulder as I shook.

"Shh...Shh... It's ok, love." He stayed silent for a while, calming me down by rubbing my back a bit.

"Do you want to tell me what that was about?" he asked.

"We had almost made it to the doors in the morning but there was a Griever and he- he-" I took a breath, clearing my thoughts " It swung at you and you were on the floor, bleeding out, you died," I said, the last part coming out as only a whisper. "You died right in front of my eyes and I could do nothing about it, Newt"

"It's ok, I don't blame you if that's why you're like this. It was just a dream, it wasn't real. I'm right here with you, always" he said as he placed a small kiss on my head.

I hugged his waist tighter, almost as if I were making sure he was real. "I'm sorry for waking you" I whisper, still hugging him tightly, burying my face in his chest.

"Don't be. I don't know how many times I have to tell you this but I'm here for you, you can always come to me, you won't bother me, and I'll always be there."

I nodded into his chest "Do you think you can get up so that we can head back to the Glade, I'm sure the doors are open by now, and I'm sure Minho, Alby, and Gally want to see you, alive."

I nodded a bit, taking out my head from the warmth of his chest. "But what if the dream happens?" I asked.

"It won't, I'll be right by you the whole time until we get to the Glade, ok?" he reassured me.

I nodded again, "You need to get out before me," I said lightly.

He nodded and rolled out of the ivy. Once he got out, he pulled up the vines of plant and nodded for me to get out, putting out a hand for me to grab, which I gladly took.