Chapter 22: Out In The Glade

(filler chapter, nothing really happens, its also super short.)

-

-

-Y/n P.O.V-

-2 days later-

It's been a week and most of the bruises are gone. My cuts are still very much there but if I wear long sleeves and pants, you can't see them.

I've been told that during this past week, Alby and Minho have taken care of the other Gladers, they've all been giving jobs to do around the Glade, and they've all remembered their names.

There are 8 runners, including Newt and Minho.

I got up to go to the bathroom, I took some clothes with me and got changed.

Once I was finished, I decided I was done with being enclosed in my room, so I walked out to the corridor of the homestead.

I went down to the main level, there I saw a bunch of Gladers, all looking at me. I passed by them and made my way out to the Glade.

I spotted Minho at the doors, ready to take of into the maze. I started running up to him to say goodbye.

When I got there, I tapped his shoulder, making him jump.

"Y/n, what are you doing here? I thought you'd be in you room." He gave me a long hug, which I returned.

"I felt better this morning so I decided I wanted to get out of that tiny room." I replied to his question, letting go of him.

"Alright, go find Alby or Newt ok, stay with one of them at all times, got it?" he asked.

I nodded.

I said goodbye to him and off he went.

I went over to the kitchen to see some improvement.

There were people in the kitchen area, cooking breakfast, some serving food to the Gladers.

I walked up to the counter where they were giving out food, real food. Not sandwiches like usual. I guess we must have gotten more supplies from the creators.

The person who gave me my food looked up to pass it to me, I think I remember his name was Frypan. He looked slightly taken aback when he saw me in line, he probably wasn't expecting a girl.

"Oh, y/n, right?" he asked me in a sweet tone. I nod, giving him a small smile, which he returned.

"Well, here you go, then. Enjoy, see you around." He greeted.

"Thank you, Frypan." I returned.

"Call me Fry." He spoke.

I nodded and made my way to a table. I saw Alby and Newt at one of the tables, so I went and sat there.

"Hey" I said blankly, sitting next to Newt, in front of Alby.

"Love? What are you doing out of your room? You should be resting." Newt said worriedly.

I got bored of seeing the same 4 walls of my room, so I came outside to see 4 different walls surrounding me instead." I retorted, taking a bite of my food, although it wasn't amazing food, it was better then nothing.

"So, some things have changed?" I asked to no one in particular.

"Yeah, we started building up the place some more. We made a garden, we built a few things in the kitchen, we made a farmhouse. The creators sent up some farm animals, so we needed a place to put them." Alby replied.

"We gave everyone a job. Runners, cooks, med-jacks, builders, track-hoes, and a few others." He continued.

"We built a jail cell, thing. We call them the slammers. We've only put a few people in there so far, a few fights broke out, but we also put Josh in there. He's been there for a week or so, we're trying to figure out what to do with him." Newt butt in.

I nodded, taking all the new information in.

"What are the ideas?" I asked. "about Josh." I continued.

"We were thinking of a banishing?" Alby said.

"A what?"

"You know about the grievers, right?" Newt started. I shivered at the thought but nodded for him to continue. "well, we're pretty sure they come out at night, when the doors are closed. We sent a former runner out at night, to see what would happen and if that how we would get out, he never came back." He spoke.

"What are you getting at here, Newt?" I asked.

"Well, we could" he paused, almost not wanting to say it. "we could push him into the maze, before the doors close."

"Like kill him?" I asked, shocked.

"Y/n, he harmed a Glader, he broke the rules, two of them. If we let him out, who knows what he would do. He could get to you again." he spoke quietly, "It's the safest thing to do." He continued.

"But killing him? I don't know, guys."

"It's your decision, y/n. You're the boss." He laughed.

I glared at him for laughing in this situation. He stopped seeing the look on mt face.

"Fine, but I don't want to be there when its being done." I said sternly.

-

-

Sorry for the really boring chapter, the other will hopefully be better

Chapter 22 finished, thanks for reading

Good morning/ goodnight