Chapter 5: The New Newbie

He looked so scared and fragile, so I didn't know what to do with myself.

''Hey,'' I blurted out calmly and as soft as possible. I offered my hand out and he took it reluctantly.

I guess he thought he could trust me since I was just a ''weak little girl''. Notice the quotation marks.

He got up and onto his feet and was now towering over me.

''H-hey.'' he stuttered.

''Hey, don't be scared, I won't hurt you, I promise'' I told him.

At those words his eyes softened. He looked around himself and I and put his gaze back onto me, looking directly into my eyes, once more.

'W-wh-where am I?'' he stuttered to me.

I gulped, ''Welcome to the Glade.'' I spoke. He looked at me as if I were crazy. ''Do you remember anything? A name, place, anything?'' I asked, curious to see if they took his memory as they did to me.

"Umm... no. I- I can't remember anything'' he said his voice cracking.

''Hey, it alright, I was in your position not all that long ago. It's okay, if you're anything like me you'll remember you name in the next couple days. Sadly, that's the only thing they'll let you keep.''

''They?'' he asked.

''The ones who sent you and me up here. I don't know who 'they' are, but i know someone had to put us up here, right?'' I spoke sadly. An awkward silence fell over me and the new guy, so I decided to break it. ''Hey, could you help me get these boxes and stuff. The sooner we do that the faster we can get you settle in. Then I'll explain to you everything I know, which, fair warning, isn't much. Sorry.'' I kind of whisper the last part.

''Yeah, of course. Let's hurry because I have a lot of questions that I kind of need answers to.'' he chuckles. 

-time skip-

 *Alby's P.O.V.*

''Hey.'' she said. Though it sounded like a question.

It didn't look like she was expecting me at all.

I just came up in this cage like thing and I can't seem to remember anything. Not even my name.

''h-hey.'' I tried to sound like I wasn't terrified, but my voice was cracking and hoarse. I felt like I had water in the back of my trough.

''Hey, don't be scared, I won't hurt you, I promise'' she said.

I saw in her eyes that she was just as scared, so I decided to put my guard down, just a little.

'W-wh-where am I?'' I asked. I mentally face-palmed for all the stutters, but I was terrified. I just looked up at her from my position on the floor and waited for an answer.

"Welcome to the glade." she said, finally.

The Glade? What the hell type name is that? Oh well, I have other questions that are more important.

''Do you remember anything? A name, place, anything? 'She asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Umm... no. I- I can't remember anything'' I said, stuttering once again.

Taking a deep breath and looking down at my feet. I closed my eyes, only thing that was on my mind were questions.

I think she noticed because she sighed and said to me; ''Hey, it alright, I was in your position not all that long ago. It's okay, if you're anything like me you'll remember you name in the next couple days. Sadly, that's the only thing they'll let you keep.''