ch 14; The feeling of spring

It's one of the first days with the feeling of it will be an early spring this year.
Snowdrops have popped up as a sign the spring is around the corner.

The members of the drama club are listening on Bill's ghost story while the lights are dimmed.
"There exist a species who ruled our land centuries ago, who are called huuuumans... They have no tail or fangs and claws like we animals... But! They are dangerous and if you aren't keeping an eye behind your back, they will kill you.... And they will rip off your wool or fur... If you are lucky, you are dead when they do that... But sometimes they rip your fur off while you are living... And when you have regrowth your fur, they will rip it off again...And again...." Bill starts saying smirking and makes most of the herbivores to jolt terrified.
"Stop it Bill..." Els begs with a loudly whisper. Shivering of fear.

Louis stands by a wall there he leans with his back on it while he tries reading his manuscript despite the bad lighting in the room.
The deer rolls his eyes over the other members nonsense about humans.
He isn't noticing how Legoshi approached him.
"Ehm..." Legoshi blushes and rub his backhead while his eyes are darting nervously around.
Louis's heart skipped a beat and he turns his face against the Wolf and is looking as he is afraid.
Legoshi inhales deeply.
"Oh... I didn't meant to scare you... ehm... " Legoshi shouts apologizing with his hands waving nervously.
Louis exhales smiling.
"You didn't... You just startled me... I were thinking about something..." Louis tells him while Bill starts laughing and tells Els he is just telling a story and she doesn't have to get afraid.
Legoshi is looking asking at him with his eyes finally stopping to dart around.
"Good...." he exhales relieved and putted his palm at his chest.
Louis presses his lips together and can't stop feeling hopeful.
"Did..." the deer starts saying and can already feel how his heart starts racing.
"Did you wanted something? Since you approached me..." he adds asking.
The Wolf blinks confused but nods slowly after a while.
" Do.... Do you eat?..." Legoshi blushes.
Louis raises his eyebrows.
"No...." he shakes his head and notices how Legoshi starts looking disappointed.
"We deers don't eat at all... Haven't you heard that?" Louis adds joking and can't helping himself to tease Legoshi.
The Wolf tilts his head confused.
"Eh?.... You don't?..." he mumbles and runs his hand into his fur by his neck.
Louis rolls his eyes.
"Of course we do... You dumb dog... How would we otherwise stay alive? Just drinking water?!" He snorts snickering.
The confusion keeps dancing on Legoshi's face, but he soon starts looking as he understood the joke.
"Ehm...Do you... I mean... I have a lot money... eh... Want to eat after school?" Legoshi gulps.
"Of course you eat after school!" he adds jolting.
"I just mean ehm... If you want to eat with me?..."
Louis gasps surprised.
Is Legoshi asking him out to grab a bite? Just the two of them?
Louis starts trembling a slightly nervous as he was afraid to get disappointed again.
"I-..." the deer clears his throat.
"If you want to go out with me... There the only two of us, are eating together... I-... I would love that..."
Legoshi stares surprised at him and the answer takes a while to sink in. But soon his tail starts wagging happily.
"GREAT!" Legoshi shouts and make Louis to jolt a little.
"I mean-..." the wolf gulps and calms down immediately.
"Eh... ehm... If-... If you know a good place... You can take me there..." he adds shyly since he isn't good at these kind of things. He has never been social like this, not until he met Haru. Haru!

For a moment Louis notices how guiltiness came across Legoshi's eyes. But he isn't completely sure why Legoshi should feel guilty for inviting him to take a bite after school.
Is it because of Pina? Or Haru? Or something else?
Now when he is thinking about it. He hasn't seen Legoshi and Haru togeheter since he came back to school. Have they broke up? Or are they seeing each other in secret there others can't see them?
Louis opens his mouth to ask about Haru when his mind screams at him to stop. That, he would be a fool if he asked about the white rabbit.
He sighs and smiles at Legoshi.
"Yup... Of course... There are no way someone who can't choose his own tie can pick a restaurant either ..." Louis chuckles.
Legoshi inhales sharply.
"Oh!... Should I perhaps change clothes before we go?!" The wolf asks worried.
Louis shakes his head laughing.
"No you don't... Beside... I would look ridiculous if you were casual dressed while I wore the school uniform" he smiles.
Legoshi wides his eyes understanding.
"Oh... You have ehm... Right... That was stupid of me..." Legoshi says and run his hand into his fur again.
"Yes it was..." the deer snickers.