ch 27; Laughing hyenas

The day was perfect for the grand opening.
The sun was shining and it was warm enough to leave the coat at home.
And the hyenas are laughing from the bushes. Wait... Laughing hyenas?
Louis flinches a slightly backward with the heart pounding faster.
He knew it was never a good sign when a group of hyenas start laughing. They alway have something up the sleeve when they start laughing.
The deer glances nervously around without making too many movements. He doesn't want them to know he has noticed them.
It seems there are only them and he there. Which most mean they have target him, right?
Louis sighs.
Why did he had to walk through the park today? He should had taken the usual road there he would had passed cafés and stores with animals working there. At least then he would have been kind of safe.
Perhaps he should call Ibuki and tell him to get to him? But-... What if Ibuki gets harmed? One lion against a group of Hyenas isn't a good match. Maybe Ibuki could tell the others at Shishigumi to join him?
Louis swallows hardly and takes the phone up while walking casually forward. Despite his legs scream to start running, he tries staying calm. He has a greater chance to survive if he keeps calm and collected. If he starts running now, there are a risk that would start the hyenas hunting instincts.
Louis's fingers trembles of fear while he starts dialing Ibuki.

It takes a few seconds before Ibuki's voice reaches Louis's ear.
"Hello?"
Louis inhales deeply to answer and tell him the situation without saying it straightly out loud.
"Hi, I-..." Louis says while footsteps approach him swiftly from behind.
The second Ibuki could hear wicked and hysterical laugh from the side of Louis's phone, he gasps.
"Where are you!?"
Louis turns the face slowly to the side to peek over the shoulder when one of those hyenas presses a taser at the side of Louis's neck.
The deer starts jerking from getting electrified.
"GAAaaaah-..." a few seconds later Louis drops the cellphone on the peeble path there Ibuki keeps shouting after him through the speaker of the phone.
Louis starts blinking heavily while the world seems swaying in his eyes.
Few moments later he falls to the side and he thoughts for a short moment he would thud hardly on the ground.
But instead of hitting the ground he fell into someone's arms.
"...Alright... We have him... Let's head back to our boss..."
Louis grunts with furrowed eyebrows and tries staying awake. Afraid something would happen if he passed out.
He needs to reach the hidden gun. The hand trembles while it reaches after the gun.
But despite his attempts, the eyelids fell heavily and the world turned black with the hand dropping...

***
Ibuki stares terrified at the screen while he sat in the car.
The second he knew Louis was in dangerous was he running out to the car and got inside. But shortly after that, Louis's voice died out.
Something awful must have happened him.
Ibuki swallows hardly.
The laugh in the background made him to remember about his past when he was only a cub. His early years there he was dreaming highly about the future. But the future he was dreaming about took an end even before it could happen.
The moment there a family member betrayed him. Murdered his father and then tried get ride of him. But failed. At that moment, his dearly dreams ended.
The lion's heart pounds loudly over the memories there those laughing animals made him to recall them.
He shakes the head and ended the phone call with Louis. Then he starts dialing the gang at Shishigumi. Maybe they could help him with finding Louis?

***
Despite Legoshi would rather stay home than working with scene lights, he is heading against the room there they will have their grand opening.
The tall wolf walks across the schoolyard when an adult, a hyena approaches him.
The wolf raises an eyebrow humming while staring asking at the hyena.
"Are you Legoshi?"
"Yes?" Legoshi tilts the head.
"The one who is dating Louis?"
Legoshi parts the lips surprised.
"Ehm...Eh... Y-yeah?" He gulps.
The hyena smirks and extends an arm with a letter in the hand.
"Great... Then I want you to hand this letter to the lion Louis lives with..."
Legoshi looks asking at the letter and takes it.
"Why? What have you written?" He asks curiously.
"That's not for your eyes or ears to know... But if I was you... I wouldn't wait too long before you are delivering that letter..."
"Eh?" Legoshi blinks asking and stares at the letter while twisting it in the hand. Asking himself what the letter was about. Maybe some mafia things since Ibuki is part of Shishigumi? But why would the hyena want him to deliver an important letter?
"Excuse me-..." Legoshi says and looks up and notices the hyena isn't there anymore.
"Eh? Eh?"