ch 23; The scarf is yours now

Louis couldn't stop staring at the shredded antlers in his hands. Sitting on the bed. Almost in a paralyzed position.
Despite Legoshi left about a half hour ago, hasn't he moved very much since then. Except putting on a pair boxers and a white oversized t-shirt he has just stared on the antlers with blood leaking from the holes on the top of the head. Which has almost completely dried by then. At least the stains on his shocked face.
    Of all time of the year he could have shred them, it had to happen today. And during a very intimate situation with Legoshi.
The embarrassment of being seen in a vulnerable state makes him very anxious. He is ashamed of himself. Who want to date a deer without antlers?!
It's like the day after a party there the girl finally spent the night with her boyfriend. And he is seeing her for the first time without make-up the next day. Which would probably frightened him since she would look unfamiliar without many layers of make-up to cover up every single flaw.
Right now, it's the same feeling for Louis. It feels as the make-up he is using to covering his flaws, vanished away in front Legoshi. Leaving him in an ugly state he wished he could kept for himself. And the second Legoshi saw him without the antlers, he ran away with the tail between the legs.

Louis starts trembling with the arms with the eyes still fixed on the horns. He is barely noticing in the backhead how the front door downstairs gets opened. And how Ibuki starts cheerfully shout; "LOUIS ARE YOU AW-..." The lion said before getting silent and started growling angrily. But those growling came to an abrupt end few seconds later.
Then the same animal starts dashing upstairs with two steps at a time through the stairs.
Within a few seconds Ibuki swings the door to Louis's room opened with increased breathing.
"LOUIS..." he shouts afraid something had happened with him.
Louis looks slowly up from the horns and turns his face against Ibuki.
"Ibuki?"
The lion pants and looks like he tries calming down. Eyeing Louis as he tries understanding the situation. Why he could smell the scent of that wolf he had forbidden Louis to taken inside the house. How the scent of that wolf despite it, is drenching the room.
But he also tries understand how he could smell blood. Louis's blood.
Then he's noticed Louis's antlers had shredded, he gets even more relieved. But the brief moment of relief was only short before anger struck him.
The lion walked over to Louis and yanked his arm there he kind of hardly pulled him standing up from the bed.
"HAVEN'T I FORBIDDEN YOU TO INVITE THAT WOLF?!" He yells while the eyeglasses dropped a little along the nose.
Louis exhales a gasping sound mixed with a short shriek of pain, while his heart starts pounding faster. He wides his eyes.
Yeah, it's probably a stupid idea of having a dad and boyfriend with a super nose. A nose who could find out everything. There are no secret you can keep from them.
"I-..." Louis starts saying with an unsteady voice. Actually afraid of Ibuki's anger.
Since he broke one of Ibuki's rules, would that mean he isn't welcome to live in the house anymore?... He would hate that. The house has become his home now. With the father he always dreamt of having.
Ibuki glares at him. Trying to patiently wait for an answer.
Louis gulps. He should probably distort the truth a little...
"I woke up earlier... Since I was warm I-... " he swallows nervously while Ibuki raises an eyebrow.
"... I opened the window...Then I fell asleep and woke up by having my eh-... Friend in the room... H-he had climbed through the opened window... He wanted to make sure I was alright since I usually gets to school despite I'm sick... So, he was afraid something had happened with me since I wasn't at school..."
Ibuki starts eyeing Louis's face after any sign he is lying straight to his face.
The lion exhales sighing and let's go of Louis's arm. The deer lost few centrimeters of height. Which means Ibuki had literally held him up in the arm.
The deer whines silently and rubs the arm there Ibuki had held him. There were a light shadow of a hand on the arm there Ibuki's hand had grabbed him.
"Sorry Louis... I thought..." Ibuki starts apologizing before he exhales sighing and adjusted the eyeglasses by pushing them up with the hand covering part of his face.
Then he takes the hand down and looks seriously at Louis.
" You shouldn't leave your window wide opened... Especially not when you are planning to fall asleep... What if it wasn't your friend getting through that window? It could have been a carnivore who wants to devour you... We are living in a dangerous world... Especially for you herbivores... "
Louis looks with big eyes at him and nods. Not sure if he should get pissed for being seen as a weak herbivore or not.
Ibuki let's out a short breath. Then he gives him a gently smile and stroke the side of his arm with soft movements.
"Are you hungry? I can prepare something to you for lunch..."
Louis swallows.
"That... That sounds... Perfect... I'm hungry..." he answers while clearing the throat.