ch 39; eyes around the corners

'

Normally Louis hated to walk along the corridors in the mansion, since they made him feel even more lonely. As he was walking alone without someone around. Trapped in a huge cage.
But now-... Now he feels hunted. With eyes and ears in every corners.
Animals watching over every single step he takes. As he was a prisoner in his own home. Or a toddler who needs a caregiver.
It seems his father wanted the staff to keep their eyes on him... As something else would happened since he lost a limb ... What could possibly happen now?... Scar's ghost haunting him?... Ridiculous...
It's not like he was labeled as prey due the recent attack. As he has a price tag on the forehead.

The deer sighs when he sees a goat peeking around the corner at him.
What's it-... If he can't walk around without being watched, he would prefer to stay at the room... Besides-... The leg starts really hurting now.

Louis starts turning around when the stupid leg wobbled and caused him to thud down on the side of the body at the carpeted floor.
He grunts, while approaching steps heads over to him in hurry.
"Young Master Louis!-... Are you alright?!... You aren't hurted???" The male goat dressed in butler outfit asks worried where he kneels down beside him with the hand on his shoulder.
Louis flinches where he gets partly up and shakes the hand off of the shoulder.
"... I'm fine-... Thanks..." he mutters, and glares annoyed at the other.
The goat starts averting the eyes a bit nervously.
Then he looks back at Louis who panting starts struggling to get up by getting on all fours first.
" Do you seek my support, young master?" The goat asks.
Louis scoffs.
"... As I have already said-... I'm fine... You can continue your duties, and leave me alone..." he says when he is on all fours, panting where few drops of sweat start glistening on the forehead.

The goat stands hesitantly up, where he looks over the shoulder while clearing the throat and rubbing the backhead.
"... Do- .. You want me to tell the master?... -Your father?"
Louis stiffened.
"... No-..." he groans, and forces himself up to prove the goat, everything is alright.
"... I don't want you to utter a single word about this- ... And especially not to him... I have enough struggle, without him knowing I am falling due the leg..." he adds with a serious gaze at the other.
The goat nods slowly.
"... As you wish, young master Louis... Do you need something else?"
Louis exhales through the nose.
"... Some privacy, thanks- ..." he tells him, before walking toward his bedroom.

***

Louis closes the door after him, and staggered toward the bed where he grunting throws himself down over the made bed.
Finally-... Finally he can rest the leg, and get some time alone without eyes staring at every single movement he makes.
Few moments he is only laying there... Partly with the stomach at the bed.
And with as little weight on the amputated leg as possible.

Then he grunting turns around, and shoves the hand into the pocket of his trousers and pulls out the cell phone, he oddly got back. Despite he accidentally dropped the phone in the park during the ambush by the hyenas.
Which is good-... His father wouldn't be very happy if he used more money on a new phone... Again...
Especially when he still hasn't given him his new number.

The deer starts typing a text message.
(" Maybe I should just tell my father about the engagement I'm planning to annul-... Perhaps he then would give me a good reason to walk out from the house and get back to Ibuki...") Louis types, and sends to Pina.
("... Any news from school?") He adds, and sends shortly after the first text.
A long moment later he gets a reply.
(" Nope-... Legoshi hasn't even come back yet, since the day where you dumped him... And I miss you! Selfishly I want you to break your father's heart so I can see you again... But don't hurry so he gets angry at you,  me... And us xD I don't need a future father-in-love to hate me... It's enough with the sluts at school~ ")
Few seconds later he gets another text.
("LOL!-... FATHER-IN-LOVE XD!!!...LMAO")