Chapter 26: Losing Freedom

You and Kokichi began to walk around the school grounds chatting and looking around.
"This place can get so boring just looking at the same old things everyday." You complained.
"You got that right but that's why Monokuma makes things interesting or at least he did before those dumb monokubs." Kokichi sighed.
You looked at him a bit skeptical.
"But you know you could always go work in your ultimate lab and analyze plants that might not be boring." Kokichi suggested.
"Hmm maybe you can come with me?" You suggested.

"Sure I'll be glad to spend more time with my beloved." Kokichi grinned.
You and Kokichi went to your ultimate lab and you began to show him how you research and analyze plants. You could tell he was a bit bored but he tried to keep focus. As you went through all the steps and explained it to him and jotted down notes. You looked at him with a triumphant smile.
"Are we done?" He asked.
"Well no in order to really test this hypothesis we should perform at least seven more trials with an independent, a dependent, and a control variable. And then have other scientists test it out." You explained and his eyes widened realizing what he got into and you laughed.
"But we're done for the day." You said and his eye lit up.
"Yippee!!! Oh I mean maaaannn but I was having so much fun." Kokichi said.
"You don't have to lie I know botany isn't for everyone." You chuckled.
"It might not be my thing but you're going to be an amazing asset to D.I.C.E and I love that you're so passionate about it." Kokichi grinned.
"Thanks Kokichi." You said kissing his cheek.

The two of you walked out and you both saw Shuichi and Maki hanging out.
"Wow didn't know he was friends with the assassin." Kokichi said looking as if he was disgusted at the sight. "I guess it shows we can't even trust them."
You looked at them with a side eye. "Yeah I guess we can't."
"Don't worry about it we have each other and we will get out of here one way or another." Kokichi said.
"And don't forget Miu." You smiled.
"Of course we have Miu too." Kokichi said and then you heard the nighttime announcement.
"Let's go back to the rooms." You said and Kokichi agreed.

You both headed back to the dorms sharing a Goodnight kiss and going into your respective rooms out of the corner of your eye you saw Shuichi and Maki head to the courtyard. You were curious but you decided it was best to not find out and instead you just went to your room and tried to fall asleep but you heard noise.

You looked out and saw Maki surrounded by the student council.
"What's going on?" You asked.
"The student council is trying to take away our freedom by limiting what we can do at nighttime because of what Kirumi did." Maki explained.
"What's more important a life or freedom?" Angie asked.
"Listen if someone wants to kill they're going to find a way. It doesn't matter if it's daytime or nighttime." You rolled your eyes.
"But suspicious activity-!" K1-B0 began to yell.
"Suspicious activity to walk around at night? Some people like taking a stroll at night for a plethora of reasons. I can understand maybe her talent isn't the most trustworthy. But we all deserve our freedom and if you want to call people a friend or an ally at the minimum you should treat them with respect unless you have an actual reason based on evidence to suspect her." You glared at the student council and you saw Maki almost mentally thanking you for sticking up for her.
"You cult people give me a headache." You muttered and went inside your room locked your door and fell asleep.

You awoke to a creepy morning announcing from shedding Monokuma not saying anything.
"I hope that isn't a bad omen for anything." You said. You decided to head to the dining hall and you saw Kokichi.
"Good morning love." You greeted.
"Good morning my beloved Y/N are you heading to the dining hall because I am too. But I am a bit sad because with Kirumi dead we can't eat her delicious meals anymore." Kokichi sadly said.
"Well maybe I can cook something." You suggested.
"Will it be good?" Kokichi asked.
"It will at least be edible." You said with a slight laugh.
"Hmm well I'll trust you. Let's see if you can cook a meal fit for a supreme leader!" Kokichi announced.
As you were walking to the dining hall with Kokichi you started to talk about last night.
"Maki got stopped by the student council last night." You informed.