Chapter 19: Forced training

F/N's perspective

A few hours had passed since Esdeath had taken us into her custody, declaring us new members of her private army. At the moment, I had was separated from Tatsumi, Seryu had been ordered to take me to the meeting hall. Now, I sat unshackled from Seryu in the said hall. Around me were the members of the Jaegers, all imperial arm users. Any attempt to escape any time soon would be a challenge.

F/N: "Well, this is fucking lovely."

Wave: "Oh, come on, it's not that bad."

The blue-haired guy whose name I had learned was Wave countered with a half confident smile. Snorting in response, I leaned back in my chair.

F/N: "Yeah, well, would you like being taken against your will to join a military spec ops group? Along with being studied like a lab rat by that guy?"

I said and gestured over at the crazy scientist, Dr. Stylish, who had been giving me a look ever since I entered the room under the assumption I was an Imperial arm. Wave attempted to counter my point but stopped himself. I pointed at him with a half-asses smirk.

F/N: Exactly."

I said before Seryu threw off my smug look as she hugged my right arm, a slight blush dusting my cheeks in response.

Seryu: "Well, you now get to help stop evil like the rest of us!"

Seryu said, her optimism was sweet, though I didn't trust it. I knew what lay under that persona was a black and white sense of Justice, one that would be almost ironclad to break. Koro, though didn't share her happiness of me being here. The small dog growling at me softly, his eyes affixed in a glare. I looked away from the two and let out an uneasy chuckle.

F/N: "Suuuuure, let's put it that way."

I said before looking at the others in the room. Two of them were people I had seen in my visions, a big burly man wearing a gas mask and what I can only assume was Akame's sister. The last remaining was a blonde with golden eyes that seemed rather reserved.

F/N: (Well, this is a colorful cast of characters I'm stuck with...... kind of like Night Raid.)

I thought before Esdeath walked into the room, pulling poor Tatsumi by the chain around his neck. Her treatment of him beginning to grow on my nerves a bit. She strode across the room and rounded the table, introducing him to the rest of her little group. All the while, Tatsumi was not looking pleased with this turn of affairs.

Esdeath: "Here is the newest member to the Jaegers, Tatsumi. He is also my new lover. Please welcome him among our group."

She said in a friendly tone before I scoffed. Esdeath's expression turned from cheerful to irritated as she glanced in my direction. The Jeager's looking at me in a bit of shock at how I was addressing their leader.

F/N: "I'm sorry, but you're treating him more like a pet than anything. He's a human. Treat him like one."

I said in a sour tone as I held Esdeath's gaze. The air grew a bit chiller before the blonde spoke up.

Run: "Though the disrespect is unnecessary, Echo does have a point. Maybe the young lad would be more willing if you did remove the collar? He does seem rather apprehensive. My name is Run, by the way."

He said in defense of my words while slipping in an introduction. I nodded to him in thanks as I sat up straight.

F/N: "Echo, but you already know that."

I said as Esdeath let out a disappointed sigh, removing the collar from Tatsumi's neck. Her gaze remained steely as she looked back at me, though—the brown-haired boy taking this chance to back away from the crazed general.