Chapter 1

PARIXIA

"ANG LAKI naman niyang problema mo." Finnly sarcastically blurted out in disbelief, and she's rapidly getting into my nerves like a wretched pest trying to decay what is perfectly intact.

As much as I can, I am trying my best to be silent in her aggravating mischievous presence. I might commit the unimaginable here such as impulsively beheading her head. However, I wouldn't dare trigger who mustn't be.

"Ang dami naman kasi d'yan sa paligid. Look at those lustful stares from those women. Tapos pati ako idadamay mo." She shamelessly added with confidence as though I am the very reason why we are here in my fellow Commander's bar.

I gradually crinkled my nose at the sickening thought of entertaining those people with eyes burning in desire at the sight of us. I would rather literally take their heart and crush it into my hands, rather than to let them get into me.

Dad has been constantly pressuring me to look for someone who's willing to spend the rest of their life with me despite of my despising wickedness. He doesn't even give a damn if that someone would be a man or a woman. In a more appropriate word--- mapapangasawa ko. For hell's sake, I'm just twenty-f*cking-five!

"O kaya magkama ka. Malay mo ma-in love ka." She added another worthless suggestion and I couldn't stop myself, "Aray!" She groaned in pain when I smacked her head. Deserved.

Her playful yet tenebrous presence is completely infuriating to the bone. I want to smack her with the wine bottle so she would stop giving me her foolish suggestions. We are indeed in an exclusive bar that a fellow Commander owns, but staying another minute here is also draining.

"Virgin ka pa ba?" I was left speechless at the unabashed question. One more inappropriate word from this woman and I will definitely crush her into pieces.

"Silvius, I'm in the verge of losing my sanity here. Enough with your preposterous remarks." I warned her while wearing a nonchalant expression, and for a moment, she finally went silent.

I'm trying to make most of my time of my three-day vacation before the classes start again. I wanted to release the brutal frustrations I have but instead, I've got the contrary.

I stared at the wine glass in my hand and saw the reflection of my absolute perfection, but there's an abominable crumbling soul inside, trying to scream for salvation.

I crossed my legs and rested my back on the sofa, feeling as exhausted as I could ever be. When was the last time I was able to rest properly? The last time I tasted tranquility? I cannot even remember. Had I always been like this? I cannot comprehend how am I surviving all these time when I'm being helplessly haunted by the dreadful sins I commited.

The extreme sound of the surrounding didn't help to calm down my restless hideous thoughts, but it is sufficient for me not to hear those, even for a short span of time.

People are dancing in the lively beat of the music with smiles on their faces. They look happy at what they're doing but it cannot bewitch me, as I can see the painful vexations that lies behind their eyes.

"Humanap ka na lang d'yan sa paligid mo, baka may magustuhan ka." Finnly spoke with confidence again. She never really feared my words as she is also a Commander of her own sin.