chapter thirty-three

March 29th - Great Hall 

Six out of the seven friends were all sitting in the Great Hall for breakfast, hoping to catch a glimpse of the seventh. Nephera had been avoiding them all after that morning in the Room of Requirement, for she was sure that the second she saw them they'd start lecturing her, and she knew that there was no way her plans would be changing. 

"She's not coming today either, is she?" huffed Ellie 

Remus took out the map from his pocket and scanned his eyes over it, "No, she's still in her dorm," he sighed "She's not changing her mind, you know that right?" 

"Wait 'till she reads this letter from Mia," countered James, referring to his mothers' response after he had told her everything that happened "Scared the living crap out of Pads," 

"It's true," mused the raven-haired boy "I've never been more terrified over words," 

"At least we're all spending Easter together," said Ellie "I vote we storm the manor, I mean, Sirius knows where is it, right?" 

"I do," he replied, and James nodded in agreement with the plan 

"Maybe we pick something that doesn't ensure our deaths," said Tony 

Remus, who was still looking at the map, noticed the Slytherin exit her dorm and the common room, and briskly stood up, grabbed a muffin, and exited the Hall, ignore the questions coming from his friends. 

James, Ellie, and Tony were far too worried and emotional about the entire situation to be able to talk to her calmly, Sirius was throwing a fit, and Peter was still slightly scared of her, making the werewolf the only person who was level-headed enough to talk to her. 

Following the map, he found her walking down a corridor, so he ran behind her, grabbed her wrist and pulled her into an empty classroom. 

"I don't think Tony will appreciate this, Rem," she drawled, moving to exit the room, but the werewolf realized that and stood in front of the door, "Move," she sighed 

"No, you're going to shut up and listen," he stated assertively, the girl cocking an eyebrow "I know what it's like to be scared of hurting your friends, and I know what's it like to not be able to control it. But one thing you'll realize is that we don't exactly leave our own when we know they're in danger," 

"I appreciate all of that, I really do, but I'm not risking it. Besides, I can handle it," 

"You shouldn't be able to handle it, that's what you don't understand!" 

"I understand everything. And you're right, maybe I shouldn't have to be able to handle it, but I can. I am going back to the manor, and I'll see you after the break," 

"Nephera-" 

"No, Remus, it's not the same. Your furry little problem and my father, it's not the same. Because you have no control over the full moons, but I can control what my father does. I'll be fine, you'll see," 

"You'll have to get through Mia as well," he muttered 

"Mia? James's mom? He told her?" she seethed, taking a few steps towards the werewolf 

"He told her for your own good, Neph. You have people that care about you, you can't just go putting yourself in danger like that!" 

"I decide what's good for me, and I have people I care about too, and I'm not going to put them in danger," she said, waving her wrist and making him lightly stumble to the right, leaving the door open for her to walk out of the room

The werewolf shook his head, leaning back on one of the desks and running a hand through his hair, sighing in exasperation. Picking up his bag and the map, he left the room to find the others, hoping that maybe he had gotten through to her, and his words would sink in as the day progressed, and she would change her mind.