The beginning

Shinxing Village
It was evening time a small wooden house was surrounded by many people who were shouting.

"Mr Wang...you can't do this...this is our custom...."said a man.

"You can't do this to us...."said a man.

"Yes.... otherwise we all are going to face the consequences..."said a woman.

"What are you all saying don't you have a little mercy....what kind of people you all are... don't you have any feelings...."said Mr Wang.

"It doesn't matter Mr Wang....we have to save our family from this trouble..."said a man.

"But he is a boy...."said Mr Wang.

"Whether a boy or girl....we want him.... it's the responsibility of your household... don't you remember..."said a woman.

"Mr Wang....give him simply to us or we will take him by force...."said a man.

"No....I won't let you...."said Mr Wang.

"What kind of people you are...this child have even lost his parents... please have mercy...."cried Mr Wang.

"This old man will not listen...we have to barg into his house.."said a man and pushed Mr Wang and got inside.

He entered into the small room, a child was sleeping peacefully on a piece of cloth layed on the floor.

The man picked up the child harshly and the child started to cry.

"Please don't take him..."said Mr Wang.

"Keep your mouth shut you old man..."said the man and took the kid out of the house.

"No no....this can't be I have to do something..."said Mr Wang.

Pov
Past

Shinxing Village was a very small village. People who live here believes in deadly rituals and black magic, they have faith on Demons more than Gods. Many years back, the village faced a deadly disease, which lead to the death of almost half of the population of the village.

That time one of the main priest of their village did the prophecy that this is due to the Demon's sin on their village and will prevail till the next 2000 years. So he arranged a process of worshipping the Demon and decided to offer a bride to him in bait.

When everyone came to knew that they need a virgin girl as a bait, everyone in the village with a girl child got scared, as they were not ready to sacrifice their child as a bait.

When no one agreed for the sacrifice, the priest decided to bait her own granddaughter.

"I am doing this....for the good of this whole village" said the priest and cut the head of the little girl, whose parents were standing there looking like a dead body.

After the deadly night was gone, the next morning people started recovering for real. A rage of happiness crossed the village.

People reached to the priest happily to thank him but they got worried when they saw the priest sitting with a concerning expression on his face.

"I know you all are happy...but don't celebrate now....i told you it will come again..."said the priest.

"Then what should we do..."asked a man.

"We need to a offer a bride after every 10 years to the Demon..."said the priest.

"But who will give their child for the bait..."asked a man.

"Hmmm.... that's what I want to know.."said the priest.

"Plzzzz.....do something...we have all our faith in you..."said a woman.

"Okay....this culture will be followed by my family and after every 10year the a girl will be given as bait..."announced the priest and everyone got happy as their families will not face any trouble.

As the time passed, happiness entered the family of the priest too, his son was blessed with a child who was a boy. Village people really respect the priest and his family, so they arranged a big function.

As the culture continued the coming generations of the priest's family never faced any problem but the happiness always turns into remorse on the day of the bait.

After many years
Mr Huang Wang was the part of the priest family, he and his family was well known with the fact that his granddaughter is going to be the bait this year.

His son Wang Yang and daughter in law Wang Zixi were very worried, when they found about Zixi's pregnancy, but they didn't aborted the child. When she gave birth it came out that the child was a boy.

Actually they were a little relieved because they thought, they don't need to give their baby for bait. They came back to their house happily, but after 6months Yang and Zixi met with an accident and lost their life.

Mr Huang was still in daze of the death of his son and his daughter in law, worried for the little baby left with him. In the tensed situation he almost forgot about the bait time that was coming near. And after few days the people of the village collected outside his house and started shouting and took the baby away from him.

Present
"I need to do something.... I can't let him die like that...these people will kill him..."said Mr Wang worriedly.

In village Sacred temple
It was night all the village people gathered in the temple were preparations were made for the rituals to be done.

The priest was inside the temple Chanting some words in front of big circle of fire.

He picked up the baby rapped in a red cloth and chanted some words again.

"Ohhh....demon lord... accept this bait from me..."said the priest and made a small cut mark on the baby's hand and poured few drops of blood out in the fire. Then he kept the baby aside and started chanting again.

"Hey... where are taking the baby....."shouted a man.

Everyone looked towards the man who was running with the baby and started chasing him.

The man ran quickly and hid inside a old hut. When he felt the people were gone, he came out and went towards the road. He took lift from a man and reached a new city with the baby.

So what are your views 🤔🤔