WHAT IS LOVE?

CHAPTER: 1

"She was more than human to me. She was a Fairy, a Sylph, I don't know what she was - anything that no one ever saw, and everything that everybody ever wanted. I was swallowed up in an abyss of love in an instant. There was no pausing on the brink; no looking down, or looking back; I was gone, headlong, before I had the sense to say a word to her."

David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

Y/N's POV

It was 2:32 pm. when I got a text from jungkook. It said, "Hey, I don't feel like eating at home today. Let's go out for dinner. I am really looking forward to it. I hope you won't do anything to piss me off. Be home at 7:00 pm, sharp."

At first, I was happy that Jungkook wanted to go out with me; it had been months since we both went out together. But as soon as I finished reading, I got chills all over my body. I knew anyhow I had to make it on time because if I didn't, it won't be good for me. It was after a very long time, he finally asked me out properly, so I wanted to make it up to him and not piss him off. 

I have made many mistakes in my life. Hurt him in every way possible. But not anymore. I will do my best in every way to make it up to him.

I still remember when we started dating. Everyday was; flowers, walks, movies, long drives, and talks were our daily routine. But now things have changed, completely. Nothing is as it was, same as before anymore; the Jungkook I knew once, was long gone. And I don't blame him. 

I only blame myself. But I do resent him for the person he has become. Though it's my fault. But does he have the right to be the way he became even though I was the soul reason for what he is today??

I know he loves me; I know he does! And I know he will always protect me, but why does he hurt me? Why does he say things that go right through my heart and break it into pieces that I am not capable of collecting? Why? 

I think it's his own twisted way of loving me. Just like my love is twisted for him.

I got out of my thoughts when my phone suddenly started vibrating, it was Jungkook. I cleared my throat and answered the call.

When the call ended, I was in shock how even my voice annoys him, how he is barely just existing with me because he married me. But can I blame him??

I couldn't stop my tears, I had nothing to hold back I was alone in my office where no one can see me. I was all by myself like I've been since the last few months, all alone and lonely. i went into my office washroom and I stood in front of the mirror, looked at myself, and thought, "Was this the person who I fell for? Was he the one who cherished me once? And now I am just nothing but some trash for him?" I cried more and more, until I had no tears left to cry.

"Is this love?" I asked myself.

If it was love indeed, then we both were crazy. "What is love?" I asked myself, crying, pressing my eyes as hard as possible. Him hurting wasn't the love I knew. Him hitting me wasn't the marriage I saw coming and me forgiving him because I think I deserve it is just lunatic but maybe that's what we are. 

We're Lunatics in love.

Even though this was not the type of love I knew. I thought love brought happiness and to be honest it did bring us happiness and joy. Our love did make us the happiest people on earth but everything has an expiry date I guess. Now? happiness was the only thing missing between us and in our lives. 

I cried a little more and wiped my face clean before getting back to my desk to wrap up my day.

"Hey, you need to come see this!!" Leona, my colleague called me.

When I got out of my office, there was a big hustle in the Velociraptor section.

I walked there as it was my section to manage for the day. I went up there and asked Nicole, "What happened?" Looking at me, she mocked. "Ahh, there she is."

The manager came rushing to me and whisper yelled with a quavering voice "If I took out the claw from that god forbidden fossil to experiment or explain something to someone, for your project please for fuck's sake bring it back or we're dead. Where the fuck is it?? You know that was borrowed by the European Union, right??" I started panicking because I didn't know what the heck happened to the fuckin claw of that fuckin fossil. But I knew they were going to ask me to find it because I was the last person studying it.

It was 3:21 at that time, museum closed at 5 pm. My house was 30 minutes away.
Without wasting my time, I started searching for it. Because god forbid if we lose that fossil. The museum was going to sell me just to recover the money back.

After a while;

It was already 5!! The museum was closing and I was nowhere near finding that fucking fossil, but as it was my responsibility, I had to find it. I thought to myself, "damn it, people I am a scientist, and these assholes are making me look inside the trash for a stupid claw." But for some reason, I was really not at all bothered about the claw because after a long, long time, I was going out with  my husband. So all this just did not bother me as much as it should have.

It was 6 pm, and it was time for me to go. I rushed to my office, grabbed my stuff, and ran towards the elevator. I went down to the parking and soon enough I was near my car. I searched for my keys but I couldn't find them. Looking at the time, I threw my bag open. But heck, I realized I forgot my keys in my office drawer.

"Fuckkkkk," I cursed.

I ran to the elevator again but my luck was never on my side. I was hoping today it would be but my office floor was closed. I started juggling through my bag for calling Jungkook, and soon enough, I realized I left my phone inside as well.

And in a quick second I realized how fucked up everything was gonna be because I would be late. The one thing my husband asked me to not be.

To be continued*******

_________________________________________

I HOPE YOU  ARE ENJOYING THE STORY.