Chapter 35

I've never fully understood the term 'my blood is boiling'

Sure — I get angry — the urge to fight against anyone and everyone runs through my veins whenever that happens.

But, blood boiling?

I never understood it.

Not until today.

My entire body was on fire, heart racing at unparalleled speeds as soon as I realised what Zac had done. 

I woke up alone, panic consuming my body from the get go. Blood pumped hard and fast through every inch of me, like a medical experiment gone wrong. I felt overwhelmed by the feeling, the surge of unwelcome heat that came with it.

My blood is definitely boiling.

Jordan grabs hold of me as soon as I start trying to run through the woods towards the mansion, reminding me that if Zac has succeeded, me turning up will only ruin everything. And put him in more danger.

Angrily pushing him away, I walk back to camp, avoiding the terrified and curious expressions of every single person.

I don't understand Zac. I get it... he thought he was doing what's best for the group.

But he isn't.

This isn't what's best.

Nothing that involves Gia can ever be good, and no-one can ever convince me otherwise. This is a disaster waiting to happen and Zac didn't even include me in the decision.

He promised that we'd discuss it in the morning, like cohesive couples do. Instead, he threw our fucking relationship to the side and did whatever the fuck Zac wanted. Just like always.

No care to the damage he's left behind.

Fucking bastard.

"Alright!" Callum steps into the clearing, rucksack on his back as he looks around at all of us. Reluctantly, I stand from the ground where I've been moping. I'm glaring at him as he urges the camp to listen. He better not say what I think he's about to say...

"We need to move."

Fucking idiotic twat of a man.

"No."

"Emilia—"

"Why the fuck would we move? Half the team isn't here," I remind him, cutting him off from continuing his obsolete argument. My jaw is tensed as I struggle to contain my anger. Zac took Poppy into the devil's lair with him. They're both gone. Surely Callum cares about Poppy?!

"This was always the plan, Emilia," Callum replies bluntly. "Zac agreed to do this."

I kiss my teeth. Is he serious?!

"I didn't agree," I counter.

Callum shrugs. "It wasn't up to you."

"I am his fucking wife," I snap, launching myself towards him. A pair of hands suddenly snake around my waist, tugging me back. My hair whips me in the face as I look back at the traitorous Jordan. My friend shakes his head at me, his eyes full of sadness. "That decision involved me too," I continue through gritted teeth. "How do none of you care?" My eyes whip around the startled — yet relatively uncaring — group. "He's dead! Poppy's dead!" I yell, elbowing Jordan in the ribs. He lets out a grunt, hands releasing me.