Chapter 4

I'm being pulled left, right and all over the fucking place, an Enforcer on each arm, my weapons ripped out of reach, a gun pressed to my back

Riley is being thrown around the same as I, hauled back towards the wall, no doubt to face the wrath of my fucking sister before being tortured to death. She'll stop at nothing, I've known that ever since I saw her shoot my best friend's wife.

Her and Jordan were friends. She was as close to him as she was with Anna. Yet she still shot the love of his life without a second thought. She's an absolute fucking bitch, and I'll end her before I let her hurt any of my family again.

Maybe that's what I can achieve from this? I'll be shot as soon as I do it, but maybe... just maybe... I'll be able to get close enough to kill Gia.

Suddenly, the Enforcers push Riley and I forward, in front of them, the metal of their guns still digging into our spines as they force us towards the grey wall.

"Zac," Riley hisses quietly. "I have a plan."

"You do?" I retort, eyebrow cocking at his words. How in God's name does he have a fucking plan right now?

"Yeah." He nods. "We're both going to die at this rate, right?"

"For sure," I retort and he grimaces.

"I thought so too," he replies. "I need you to do whatever I tell you."

"I don't take kindly to orders."

"You're such a fucking idiot." Riley rolls his eyes as I smirk, the muzzle of the gun harshly slamming into my back.

"Keep it moving!" the Enforcer snaps and I grit my teeth before turning, the metal gate getting closer and closer.

"You need to trust me, Zac," Riley says. "I know that you aren't going to like this but..."

"What?" I shoot him a side glance out of the corner of my eye. He raises his coat, finger pointing towards the round object in his pocket.

"What the fuck? Riley!" I hiss and he shoots a wary glance behind us.

"I'm not letting you use it," he says with a shrug.

"You're not fucking blowing yourself up!" I retort and he smiles.

"I wish we had a choice."

"We do-"

"No we don't!" Riley rolls his eyes. "As soon as we get beyond that wall and into the North, we're dead fucking meat. You need to get to the South, you need to bring down the State."

"We can do it together," I snap and he rolls his eyes.

"That's wishful thinking." He grins. "We don't have time to argue. Don't fight against them until I'm far enough away that you can run."

"Riley!"

"You were a good friend, Zac." He smiles at me and before I can react he's gone. He ducks under the aim of the gun, catapulting off to the left.