Chapter 21

"What do you think?" Zac asks as soon as our bedroom door shuts behind us

"What do you think?" Zac asks as soon as our bedroom door shuts behind us. I turn to face him, shrugging at his question.

"I don't know," I answer honestly. "You?"

"Me neither."

"Their idea is great, reunifying England..." I trail off. "But how the hell does he imagine we're going to figure out what's happening in each of the other sectors?"

"I reckon he has an idea." Zac scoffs. "He just isn't telling us.

I walk over to the wardrobe, pulling the blue checked shirt out of the waistband of my skirt and beginning to unbutton it. "You don't trust Callum," I note and Zac shakes his head.

"Not one bit."

"I understand that," I reply. "I can't quite decide."

Zac takes his gun out of the waistband of his jeans, slowly placing it on the chest of drawers beside him.

"Where did you disappear off to earlier?" he asks and I turn away, pulling the shirt off my shoulders as I bite the inside of my lip. "Emi?"

"I went to the library," I reply quickly, glancing over my shoulder to see him whipping his top over his head.

"The library?" he exclaims. "You don't like to read."

I shrug, reaching into the wardrobe and pulling out a vest top to sleep in. "Em?" he tries once more and I shake my head.

"There's nothing more to it. I went to the library."

"Sounds to me like there's more to it," he retorts. I hear his footsteps against the floor as he walks towards me. "Was it about what happened this morning?"

"What?" I exclaim, feigning ignorance.

"With Isla."

"Who?"

"Stop it, Em," he replies. "You're a poor liar."

"I am not!"

"Isla was someone I slept with three times when I was seventeen." He shrugs. "She lived in our apartment block."

"Great," I force out and he shakes his head, amusement clear on his face.

"Seriously?" he mutters, quickly reaching out and hooking his arm around my waist. Dragging me sharply into his body, my breath jolts as his eyes narrow. "She meant nothing to me."

"I know," I answer honestly.

"Then what is it?" he asks and I shrug, completely unsure why the green eyed monster appears to have possessed me.

"She... She looks so good," I admit honestly.

They're the only words that come to mind when I try to ascertain what it is that specifically frustrates me. The girl is gorgeous, even more so than the beautiful Anna. Her blue eyes are far more vibrant than mine, her figure smaller, her hair, as Anna said, fucking glossy. She's like one of those models I used to see on Instagram.