The Lights

(Start playing clip when it says)

"Where are we going?" Kirishima laughed, getting inside a rowboat.

"Best seat in the house. My dad always rowed me over here when I was young," Bakugo mumbled while untying the ropes and grabbing the oars. "Hey, half-and-half!"

Todoroki looked up at them and tilted his head. Bakugo threw a sack of apples towards him, but the horse refused to eat it.

"I paid for them, dipshit!" Bakugo yelled.

With that, Todoroki was satisfied and began eating some of the apples.

"Most of them," Bakugo murmured as he rowed him and Kirishima away.

"Oh my god, man!" Kirishima exclaimed, covering his mouth to contain the giggles.

Bakugo smirked a little as he continued rowing the boat. By the time the boat got in the right position, it was just about time for the lanterns to start appearing. Kirishima looked around and let out a shaky breath.

"Hey, you good?" Bakugo asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm great! I just- I can't believe this is actually happening. I keep feeling like I'm just gonna wake up at some point and realize the whole thing was a dream," Kirishima rambled.

Bakugo rolled his eyes and pinched Kirishima's cheek.

"Ow, man! That hurt! Why'd you do that?" 

"Since it hurt, then it's not a fucking dream. Now stop thinking so damn much."

Kirishima looked down and smiled, "Thank you."

"Hah? For what?" 

"Well, for taking me here. I know I can be a pain in the ass at times, but I'm glad you stuck around with me. You gotta keep visiting me when I go back to the tower or I might just die of boredom."

"Tch, guess I'll plan your funeral then."

"Rude!"

"Who the fuck are you calling-!"

"Bakugo, look look! There it is! The floating lights!" Kirishima interrupted, getting up immediately.

"Honestly, you act like a child. How old are you again?"

"Officially eighteen, meanie."

But the two turned their attention to the single lantern floating in the dark night sky. Kirishima was about to ask if something was wrong before thousands of lanterns ascended next to the first one. Kirishima let out a small gasp and stood in awe. It lit up every street and every corner of the village.

(Start playing clip)

"All those day watching from the windows

All those years, outside looking in

All that time, never even knowing

Just how blind I've been

Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight

Now I'm here, suddenly I see

Standing here, it's oh so clear

I where I'm meant to be

And at last I see the light

And it's like the fog has lifted

And at last I see the light

And it's like the sky is new

And it's warm and real and bright

And the world had somehow shifted

All at once, everything looks different

Now that I see you"

Kirishima turns back and sees Bakugo holding two glowing lanterns. He smiles and rushes over, grabbing the satchel as well.

"I also have something for you," Kirishima started. "I should have given it to you before, but I was just scared. And the thing is, I'm not scared anymore! You know what I mean?"

Bakugo shoves the satchel aside and says, "I'm starting to."

The two of them then release their respective lanterns, letting them glide together with the faint wind.

"All those days chasing down a daydream

All those years, living in a blur

All that time, never truly seeing

Things the way they were

Now he's here, shining in the starlight

Now he's here, suddenly I know

If he's here, it's crystal clear

I'm where I'm meant to go"

Kirishima then joins in.

"And at last I see the light

And it's like the fog has lifted

And at last I see the light

And it's like the sky is new

And it's warm and real and bright

And the world has somehow shifted

All at once, everything is different

Now that I see you

Now that I see you"

Bakugo leans in and Kirishima widens his eyes but doesn't move back, he even moves forward a bit, as if in a daze. Bakugo takes his hand and pulls Kirishima's face forward, connecting their lips. It was the most amazing sensation, nothing could ruin this moment.

"Hey, Baku! We don't mean to cock-block but you gotta come here!" came a voice from behind.