Heartbreak

Kirishima was starting to get worried while waiting for Bakugo and the others to get back. He contemplated going out to look for them when a shadowy figure appeared ahead of him, slowly growing closer.

"Finally, I thought you... I thought you were gonna leave me for a second there," Kirishima calls out, jogging towards the figure.

"He did," came out a voice that was not Bakugo's, but all the while familiar.

"D-dad?!"

"Don't be so surprised to see me, I'd do whatever it takes to keep you safe," Dabi mutters while slinging his arms around Kirishima in a hug.

"What do you mean... he did?" Kirishima choked out, not wanting to hear the answer.

"Well of course I mean he left you! It's obvious he just wanted a bit of fun and money, who would ever truly like you? See, there he goes on that boat. Good riddance."

Kirishima looks over, desperately hoping this was some kind of horrid trick, but there was a boat in the water setting sail. With an even closer look, he could make out the tiny dash of ash-blonde hair steering the boat away. Tears prickled his eyes and sank down to the floor in disbelief.

"Oh, please, get up. No time to mull over him. We need to get you back to the tower this instant. Can't have you running off to some random neck of the woods again," Dabi muttered, deepening the wound in Kirishima's heart.

"No, I-... I've seen enough of the outside world. You were right, it's awful out here. Please... take me back home. I'll never think about going outside again. I promise," Kirishima cried out, tears streaming down his face.

Dabi smiled and replied, "Wonderful. Then let's head back."

And soon enough the two made the trek back to the tower. And this time, Kirishima thought, he could not cure the wounds with his hair.

BYE IM SRY YALL im working as a lifeguard rn so im rly busy but I PROMISE this will be finished!!