Chapter 24- Eyeliner and Earrings:

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️- drug use

    "What are you smiling about?" I asked more harshly than I intended.

    "Oh, my apologies, Professor," Eren replied cheekily, brushing his hair behind his ear, green eyes meeting mine. "I just find it funny that you're still here, even though you're clearly bored out of your mind."

    I pursed my lips. He can read me like a book, huh? I guess I need to get better at hiding things.

    I laughed awkwardly, "Yeah, I suppose. It's just..."

    "Not an ideal way to spend a Friday?" he finished my sentence, nodding. "I agree." He yawned, stretching his arms into the air. His shirt pulled up slightly, revealing the lower part of his muscular chest, which was perfectly sculpted and fit. Goddamn, son.

    Eren reached into his sweatpants pocket and pulled something out. It looked like a pen.

    "I'm not trying to pressure you into staying or anything— or doing drugs, for that matter— but, if you'd like, we could do this instead," he spun the pen in between his fingers. "If I remember correctly you have smoked before... But I'm completely fine staying sober and watching a movie or something, too, if you want."

    Hm? When has he seen me high? Well, I was a college student after all. It's an easy guess.

    I paused for a moment, thinking. If I was being completely honest with myself, I had been feeling so incredibly anxious all night that I felt like throwing up. But, I didn't want to leave. If I stayed sober and we watched a movie or anything of the sort, I knew I wouldn't be able to enjoy my time because I was so nervous being around Eren. So, I figured my best bet was to take a few hits to relax myself a bit and enjoy the rest of the night with him. Besides, I was in college, so it was acceptable.

    Eren started to put the pen back into his pocket, "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable—"

    I figured he had assumed my prolonged thinking time was me politely trying to figure out how to decline.

    "No, I'll smoke with you," I said.

    "Are you sure?" Eren looked at me hesitantly, trying to read my expression.

    "Yeah. I want to."

    "Are you sure?" he asked again.

    "Yes," I replied irritatedly.

    "Okay," he took the pen back out and handed it to me. "Just wanted to double-check. Hand it back whenever you'd like. If you're uncomfortable, just let me know."

    I nodded, then put the wax pen against my lips and sucked in. When I exhaled, smoke exploded from my lips. Just from that one hit, I already began to feel high. How strong was this stuff? I assumed very. Eren seemed to be a regular smoker, after all. I handed the pen back to him and he pocketed it.

    I frowned, "Aren't you going to have some?"

    "Oh, I can. I wasn't sure if you wanted me to stay sober to look out for you." He smiled, "Wouldn't want you greening-out like last time."

    Like last time? How did he—? Then, I realized. I wasn't sure why it had taken me so long. The person with me in the bathroom that night was Eren. He was the boy who took care of me.

    "I'll be fine," I grinned back, happy with my discovery. "I trust you."

    I saw Eren flush slightly. He took out the pen, "Wanna see a cool trick?"
     "Absolutely," I said confidently, already feeling more relaxed.