KamiJirou

The rain made a soft sound as each droplet hit the window. At first, it wasn't too bad. But then the soft sounds began turning into louder sounds of water beating down against Jirou's dorm room window. That's when the thunder started. Jirou's worst fear.

With every loud crack of thunder came another whimper or whine from the poor girl. Her ears hurt so bad from the sound and she was so afraid. Thunder might not be a big deal to anyone else, but not everyone else has a quirk that heightened their ability to hear.

The little was curled up in her comfort blanket with her elephant stuffie tucked safely in her arms. Her little hands were shaking like leaves and she couldn't move from the corner that she had forced herself into. Kaminari, being the good caregiver that he is, knew that Jirou was terrified of thunder. No more than 10 minutes after the thunder started, the yellow haired boy was bursting through her door.

" Jirou, sweetheart, are you ok?!" He asked frantically, looking around the room to try and spot the puddle of blankets that he knew she was in.

" Daddy!" Was all she could get out before another loud crack was heard from the outside. Denki rushed over to the corner she called from and sat down next to her. He took the entire pile of blankets with him when he picked her up and set her in his lap.

" Oh, my baby, I'm so sorry I wasn't here earlier. Are you alright?" To this all he got was a loud sob and a death grip on his shirt. He had to get to her soundproof headphones, but he couldn't leave her here on the floor.

" Honey, can you look at me please? I know you're scared but I need you to look at me." He caressed her hair in hopes of coaxing her from his chest. It took a few minutes, but eventually, she did look up at him.

Denki smiled a warm smile, showing her that everything was going to be ok. " We need to get your headphones, don't we, sugar?" He said, kissing her forehead. The girl nodded and sniffled, trying to think of where she had left them.

" I-I don know where they are!" She was panicking now. She needed her headphones. Denki took in the sight, knowing exactly what she was thinking.

" Breathe, sweetheart. Can you do that for me? Remember how we practiced?" He began mimicking the breathing exercises that they had practiced for nights like this. Slowly, she began to do the same, calming herself down enough to think clearly. That's when she remembered where her headphones were.

She turned her body to look around, scanning the room. Finally, her eyes landed on the pair of purple soundproof headphones just sitting on her desk, waiting to be used. She pointed excitedly towards them showing Denki where they were.

The boy stood from floor, Jirou still in his arms, and crossed the floor to her desk. He picked up her headphones, turned them on and put them over her sensitive ears. He took out his phone and connected them. He has a special Playlist for days like today. Songs that they both spent hours combing through to select the ones that calmed her the most.

Her face visibly relaxed and her grip on Denki softened as the songs began to play. Denki walked them over to her box of coloring supplies and let her pick out a coloring book, he even let her use markers! Usually, she's only allowed crayons because markers get a little too messy for his taste.

Kaminari sat her in his lap, himself in the chair at her desk, and let her color with the sweet sounds of her music.

Denki himself was actually pretty fond of the rain, especially the sounds that came with it. So as she colored and hummed, he sat and listened to the calming sounds of the storm outside. This was nice, he could stay like this forever. 💛