Chapter 5

*Phil's POV*

I slept with Dan most of the time now, I felt safer and didn't wake up scared as much, but I would still occasionally wake up because of nightmares but then Dan would tell me that he's here and everything will be okay and I would fall back asleep again. We were laying in bed one evening and I said "Your birthday is in a few weeks, I remember you told me" he looked at me and smile "So what do you want to do on your birthday?" I asked him "I just want to stay home and spend time with you, that's what I love to do" he said kissing my cheek "I want to get you a present" I said "Phil that's sweet but I don't want you using up the money you have on me" he said "Too bad I've already ordered something for you, I wanted to get you something special with what I had" I said quickly, he sat up and looked at me "Phil, you didn't need to" he said softly "You do so much for me Dan, I wanted to get you something special, so I ordered a piano" I smiled "Phil.." He said, he didn't seem happy, I felt hurt "I thought it would make you happy" I said softly sitting up in pain "Babe I am happy" he said softly "I just wanted to get a present for you" I said getting up "Where are you going?" He asked worried "I should've gotten you something else, you don't like it" I said "No no, I love the piano, I just don't want you wasting your money on me" he said quick "You think it's a waste?" I asked, I know I was probably overreacting but I really wanted to make him happy I can't help but feel like that I can't make him happy. "No babe, your taking it the wrong way that's not what I meant" he said quickly, I walked out the room "Come back Phil" Dan called after me, I ignored him and walked towards the other room, the pain in my leg started building up a lot and I fell to the ground and Dan came running to me "Are you okay!?" He asked freaking out "No I'm not okay" I said in pain, he picked me up and then carried me to his room placing me on the bed "Why do you hate my gift?" I asked my mind still obviously on that "I don't hate it babe, I love it" he whispered kissing me. "Dan I'm in pain" I said "Do you want me to get you painkillers?" He asked and I shook my head "They don't help" I whispered "But that's all we can do babe" he said softly "I'm going to be paralyzed, painkillers won't help" I sobbed, he laid down next to me and held onto me "Babe relax, you'll be okay I promise" he whispered "I won't be okay Dan, I'm going to get paralyzed and I'm going to die" I said sobbing "Ssshh no don't say that" he said softly stroking my cheek "You don't understand the pain I'm in Dan, I want to die" I sobbed "No babe don't say that" he whispered letting go of me "It will end my pain, I'd be better off dead" I said  "Babe you need to relax okay? Just look at me and relax" he said "D-don't act like you know everything Dan, c-calming down won't do anything" I said my voice was shaky "Its important that you stay calm" he whispered "I cant. Just face it. I'm going to be paralyzed and then I'm going to die and you can't do anything about it" I snapped, he looked at me shocked, I felt bad but it is what it is, he looked away "Its the truth Dan" I added "C-can we just sleep now Phil. I'm tired" he said quietly "You know I can't sleep Dan" I said quietly, he turned around and hugged onto me "Get off Dan" I said but he hugged me tighter and kissed my shoulder, it was hurting me a bit "Dan I'm in pain" I said softly but he didn't understand "Get off I'm in pain" I said again raising my voice slightly, he moved back and looked hurt, I felt really bad "No Dan.." I said softly "Sorry.. I didn't mean to hurt you.." He whispered "No babe you can hold me but just be gentle I'm just sore" I said softly, I felt awful for snapping at him, all he does is take care of me. He faced the other way "I don't want to hurt you again" he whispered "Dan you're not the one hurting me" I said kissing the back of his head, he laid there quietly "Why are you being this way Dan?" I asked, I get I was harsh but why is he acting this way "I just want to sleep" he whispered "Fine, then I'm going to go sleep in the other room" I said getting up "No please stay with me" he said quickly "No Dan, good night" I said and walked off to the other room in pain, he didn't follow me this time, we just need to cool off things will be fine in the morning. I walked up to the bed my head started spinning, and then blank.