Chapter 36

*Dan's POV*

"Wait so you two got married?" Emily asked surprised. We were at her Christmas party the next day after we found out about how much worse Phil's condition was. At first I thought it would be best if we skip out on the party but then we both decided that its best that we make the most of the time we have left together and just be happy. "Yeah we did last night.." I told her. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked. "I'm sorry, we weren't expecting it either" I explained. I wasn't sure if I should tell her about how Phil didn't have much time, its not really a party chat to have with a pregnant woman. Lucky for me she was being pulled away by one of her friends "Well I'm really happy for you two but you still have explaining to do mister!" She called after me as her friend dragged her away to introduce her to someone else.

I decided to look around for Phil, he was with me for most of the party but then disappeared. I found him sitting all by himself with his headphones on probably listening to one of the audio books. "Its Christmas you little nerd, why are you sitting here all alone?" I asked taking one of the headphones out of his ear. "I just wanted to be alone..." He said quickly playing with the little wire in his hand. "Can I sit with you? Or do you want me to leave?" I asked. "You can stay if you want. But wouldn't you rather enjoy the party?" He asked reaching up to touch my cheek. "No, I would rather sit with my husband" a small smile formed on his lips when I said the word husband, it was a little strange to say but not a bad strange a good strange. One day we have no idea when we will get married and then the next day we're married, its just sad because the circumstance that made this happen wasn't a great one.

"Hey Anthony what are you doing?" I noticed Anthony walking around in his pajamas with a teddy bear in his hand. "My mom is busy with guests and I can't sleep.." He sighed walking up to us and climbing onto Phil's lap. "Well you can hang out with us" Phil smiled wrapping his arms around Anthony. He talked to us for a while but it wasn't long before until he fell asleep. We carried him to his room and tucked him in and sat there for a little while to keep an eye on him. "Hey Dan? I needed to talk to you.." Phil whispered. "What is it?" I asked keeping my voice low so Anthony wouldn't wake up. "When I die. Promise me you won't let yourself drown in sadness? Promise that you'll find someone, fall in love and be happy?" He said reaching up and placing his hand on my cheek. "I-I don't think I can ever move on Phil.." I whispered,my voice now shaking tears filling my eyes. "I just want you to find happiness in your life even i'm gone babe. It's my dying wish. Please?" He cupped my cheeks And pulled me closer pressing his soft lips on mine. "Please promise me that.." He whispered brushing his lips on mine. "I'll try.." I whispered. I knew it'll be impossible I knew that I wouldn't be able to. He's the love of my life.