Chapter 34

*Dan's POV*

Christmas was approaching which meant I needed to complete all of my Christmas shopping which wasnt so much. I just needed to shop for Phil, Emily and Anthony; I could care less about visiting my family, they didn't care about me and besides why would I go back after the way my father had treated me, Phil is my family and the only person I need. Phil was not doing so well, he started losing his vision now, he could still see but not well, he couldn't read anymore and everything was just a blur, it broke me to see him this way. He was at home, he wasn't really feeling Christmas shopping today so I told him that I'll go myself and finish it up so we don't have to spend too much time shopping. It took me a couple of hours to gather everything I needed before heading back home. Now the only thing left to do was decorate the Christmas tree.

"Phil I'm home!" I called entering the house closing the door with my foot. "I'm in the TV lounge" he answered. I put the bags down and made my way to the TV lounge to see Phil sat on his chair playing with Lily. "Hi babe" I smiled leaning forward to place a soft kiss on his lips. "Are you done with all your shopping?" He asked putting Lily down and pulling me down so I was sitting on his lap. "Hmm finally" I mumbled nuzzling his neck. "Now we just have to finish decorating the tree now." I didn't want to get up just yet, being apart from him for more than hour felt like an extremely long time, so days when I'm away from him for a few hours I get really clingy when we are back together.

*Phil's POV*

"Come on let's finish decorating the tree" I whispered kissing his hair softly. I wouldn't be much help, as I can't walk and can barely see but I still wanted to try to help. He got up and pushed my chair towards the tree. "Alright so I got some more decorations" he said pulling them out of a bag and handing me some ornaments to hang up as he worked on the top part of the tree.

"So Emily wants us to come to her Christmas party" I told him as we put the decorations up. "That sounds like fun, do you want to go?" He asked. "Yeah it sounds fun, besides if we say no she will probably murder us and make our dead bodies sit through the party" I laughed. "Gotta love Emily." She was really great, she knew how to throw great parties, usually us going to her parties meant socializing with people for a little while and then hanging out with Anthony for the rest of the time. We wouldn't have it any other way. "And we're done!" Dan smiled standing back to take a good look at the tree. "Now how about I get the fireplace started and we can cuddle on the coach?"

The rest of the evening consisted of cuddling, talking and sweet kisses. I sat between his legs and he wrapped his arms around me. "We haven't made any wedding plans yet" he whispered leaving kisses on my cheek and jaw. "Maybe right after Christmas. It's on top of our to do list" I said tilting my head slightly as he kissed along my neck to my shoulder and then back to my neck. "Of course. Its the most important thing we need to take care of now" he mumbled kissing my ear. I turned my head around to softly kiss his lips before I felt an unpleasant feeling in my chest; it wasn't pain it was just discomfort "Are you okay babe?" Dan asked looking down at me. "Nothing, I'm fine" I sighed. "Are you sure?" He frowned. "I'm sure, really" I smiled pulling him back down for another kiss. I hope im fine.