Chapter 37

A/N: I'm going to write in Dan's POV from now on, it makes things easier and makes more sense because of where we are heading with this fic. This will be a soft chapter and we are ending the fic soon and we have really great ideas for a sequel

"Phil! I said your name at least ten times didn't you hear me?" I said speaking up slightly, not in a pissed off way but because of how he could not seem to hear me. "Oh. I'm sorry I didn't hear you.." He said quietly. "Did you really not hear me?" I asked and he shook his head. "I can hear you right now but like it sounds as if you're speaking really softly." He explained. "Maybe I should take you to a doctor?" I suggested, everyday Phil got weaker, everyday he came closer and closer to his last day which worried me a lot, I'm not ready for this, there isn't anyway I'll ever be ready for this. "Its pointless Dan, I'm dying anyways" he sighed. "Don't say that please.." tears filled my eyes, I felt my stomach turn. "Its what it is Dan, we need to accept it or it'll just make things more difficult." He sighed. I didn't know what to say to that, I blinked letting the tears fall down my cheeks, I didn't have enough time left with my husband and I don't know what I'd do without him, I can't imagine my life without him. I noticed him reaching towards my cheek, I took his hand and guided it on my tear stained cheek. "You've been crying.." He whispered wiping my tears away. "I-I can't help it, I'm sorry.." I sighed. "Come here" he said pulling me close to him and lying on his back, I rested my head on his chest as he ran his fingers through my hair calming me down.

It was kind of crazy when I thought of it, a while back we had no idea who we were, one little visit changed everything. Now we're married and all I want is for more time with him, the remainder time we had left together is just not enough, it will never be enough. Our positions changed, now he was in my arms, his head rested on my chest and he traced circular patterns on my side underneath my shirt. "Did I tell you that I can read braille?" He asked. "Can you really?" I asked laughing softly. "Yeah I spent a lot of time at the hospital and my nurse and I got along well and she taught me just for fun. Who knew it may come in handy" he chuckled quietly. "Well if you want we can get you some books then" I said pressing a soft kiss on his forehead. He smile and tilted his head up to meet his lips with mine for a sweet kiss. He pulled away and put his head back on my chest. "You seem tired, you should sleep babe" I whispered stroking his cheek. Soon his soft breaths turned into soft snores.