Chapter 38

I brought Phil to the hospital for a check up, he was always tried these days, his hearing was getting worse and he couldn't keep his food down either. "Dan is this necessary? You know its pointless.." Phil sighed burying his face in my shoulder as his nurse, Leah took a blood sample. "Yes it is babe, and don't say that" I said having to speak up a bit so he can hear me. "I agree with your husband Phil. Its good that he cares so much about you that he brings you here" she said sticking the needle in his arm trying her best to be as gentle as she can. "I know I'm a really lucky man" he said kissing my shoulder. "Oh you won't believe who is back here to further his training as a doctor!" His nurse suddenly said as she took the needle out and replaced it with a cotton ball to stop the bleeding. "You don't mean Philip do you?" Phil asked laughing slightly. I suddenly felt really confused, who is this Philip? "Yeah she means me, who else would she mean?" An American accent said at the door, I looked up to see a man who looked about 22 standing there he resembled Phil, he had jet black hair and blue eyes. "So my face and name twin is back. Too bad I can't see you" Phil said reaching out, the man, Philip walked forward and took his hand and shook it. "It's fine, I'm nothing special to see besides just picture your face its almost like mine" he smiled. I felt like the odd one out suddenly not knowing what is going on. "Oh, this is Dan, my husband. Dan this is Philip he's becoming a doctor" Phil introduced us to each other. Philip took out his hand and I shook it. "Philip Knight, I was here when Phil was staying in the hospital then I had to go back to university and now I'm here again to finish my training" he explained. "Dan Howell. And it's nice to meet you" I smiled.
~~~~

"It's spooky how he's literally the American version of you" I laughed as we were cuddled on the couch. "He's a great person he'll be a great doctor too. Him and Leah were the only reason I didn't completely hate that hospital" Phil explained. "You know you'd like him a lot.." I knew where Phil was going with this, I didn't want this conversation again. "Phil I'm not going to go after someone just because he looks like you, and let's not have this conversation right now please" I sighed. "Alright fine, but he is gay just saying" Phil laughed trying to lighten the mood. I eventually changed the topic, we talked until Phil dozed off in a deep sleep. I carefully carried him upstairs to bed and went downstairs as I heard the door knock.

I opened the door to see Emily standing there, I opened the door wider inviting her inside. "How is Phil doing?" She asked sitting on the couch. "Still the same.." I sighed sitting next to her. "So there's really nothing anyone can do?" She asked, I shook my head in response and she looked down. "So how are you doing? How's the little baby?" I asked, she gently placed her hand on her stomach. "Won't be too long now, its a little baby girl.." she smiled slightly, a look of concern still filled her face. "But that's wonderful news Emily!" I smiled taking her hand and giving it a squeeze. "I know.. I wanted to ask you something. If something was to happen to me you'd take care of her and Anthony right?" She asked her eyes full of tears. "Of course I would. But why are you asking? Is something wrong?" I asked. "No but I just have a bad feeling and I just need you to promise me.." She sniffed hiding her face in my shoulder as I hugged her. "I promise. But everything will be okay, don't you worry" I assured her.

.
.
.
.
.
A/N: wow I updated all three fics today that's a new record :o