Chapter 31

*Dan's POV*

Halloween was coming up now, I love Halloween, I usually just hand out candies but this year I was hoping to do something different, I don't know what yet. I missed going trick or treating as a kid, my dad never took me as he was a complete asshole who didn't care for me one bit but my mom would take me, after she passed my grandma took me, she said she had never seen me so happy except on that one day when I'd dress up and have fun. I was too old to go trick or treating now obviously but enjoyed watching kids and having them knock on my door dressed up in costumes, it reminded me of my childhood. "Phil, what should we do for Halloween?" I asked looking down at my fiance who was in my arms with his head rested on my chest "Aren't you a little old for Halloween, Daniel?" He laughed softly looking up. "Hey I love Halloween, you're never too old for it" I said defensively. "Last time I had fun on Halloween was when I was 15 with my friends. But you're right we should do something" he stated going back to resting his head on my chest tracing his finger in a circular motion on my side under my shirt.

It seemed like our wish for wanting to know what we could do for Halloween was answered by my phone ringing. It was Emily. "Hey Emily!" I answered cheerfully "Hey Dan! I need some advice, I was planning a party for Halloween but Anthony wants to go trick or treating so I said he can go with his babysitter and now he's upset with me" she sighed. "Are you seriously asking me for parenting advice?" A small laugh came from the other side of the phone "Not parenting advice, its just my friends have been bugging me to host a party this year and now Anthony is upset with me.." She explained. "Shouldn't you be holding back on the parties though? You know being pregnant and all?" I asked "I'm only three months pregnant Dan, besides it won't be anything crazy" she assured. Suddenly an idea came into my mind "How about Phil and I take him? It would be slightly better than a babysitter" I offered. "But then you'll miss the party" she pointed out "Don't worry we can stop by to say hi and socialize a bit, and I'm sure Phil will like the idea as well" I assured, she eventually gave in and asked Anthony what he thinks of the idea and he loved the idea, we said our goodbyes and hung up. "What idea will I like?" Phil asked confused looking up at me. "I know what we're doing for Halloween, we can take Anthony trick or treating and then stop at Emily's party for a little bit" I smiled hoping he'd like that idea. "That sounds like fun" he smiled "and maybe after we get home we can have Halloween sex" I couldn't help but laugh when he said that "What's Halloween sex?!" I asked regaining my breath after laughing "Its just sex on Halloween, we haven't been intimate in a while" he pointed out holding his laughter in after what he said. "Well we're alone now, nothing's stopping us.." I whisper tilting his chin up so our lips met for a passionate kiss. We laid there kissing for a few seconds before Phil pulled away grabbing his head "What's wrong?" I asked helping him sit up. "m-my headache, its back and i-its bad" he said tears pouring down his face he shut his eyes tightly trying to hold them back. "Im taking you to the hospital now.."

*Phil's POV*

The headache settled down after my doctor ran test. "The results will come in tomorrow, I'll call and let you know what it is" she explained, I could tell her by tone of voice that its most probably not good news. "But what do you think is wrong?" Dan asked he kept a hold on my hand, he was more terrified than I was when that horrible headache started. "I can't say, it could just be a headache or it could be the cancer spreading, but I will let you know as soon as the results come in" she promised.

Dan was quiet the rest of the car ride home, I reached over and placed my hand on his leg giving it a small squeeze. "You're being distant.." I whispered sadly. "I-Im sorry, I'm not I'm just worried" he sighed pulling over in a random parking lot taking my hand into his. "Don't worry please.." I whispered. "I do worry Phil, I can't help it" he said softly, his hand was trembling in mine so I rubbed the back of his hand with my free hand. "Dan calm down, everything will be fine, whatever it is we will have to accept it, but for now let's not think about it" I suggested, that didn't help one bit, he just stared at the steering wheel. "Please say something, let's go home and watch a movie and cuddle or let's go for ice cream those things will lighten up our moods" I suggested making him smile slightly this time. "Let's do both?" He asked smiling weakly. "Okay, and move in a little bit so I can kiss you, I can't move that much too tired" I laughed, he did as told and leaned in, I cupped his cheeks and gave him a sweet love filled kiss.

.
.
.
.
.
Sorry for not updating yesterday! So you might have noticed that we have a new fic called I Can Wait Forever! Let me know what you think!!