Getting over it.

Susan's opened palm touched slightly the doorknob, closing her eyes and gathering as much strength as needed she clenched her fist around it, and before finally making the move she heard a noise coming from the bathroom across the room and the door opening, "What are you doing?" Jessica asked confused and closed the lights from inside the bathroom, crossing finally her hands and looking at her, "What are YOU doing?"

Jessica continued looking at her confused, "I had to pee" she whispered, "Are you going in? What's going on?" she asked pointing at Susan's hand, resting still on the doorknob.

"I thought... I mean, I heard laughing and I thought"

"Jesus Christ, Susan!" Jessica replied angrily and walked past her, into the bedroom

Susan lowered her sight and followed her woman inside, closing the door behind and knowing very well that she took it too far with that story, "You're angry?" she asked as she returned back to the bed, "I'm more than angry"

"I'm sorry"

"I can't believe you actually thought that I'd do something like that. Cheat on you, inside your fucking house with you sleeping in the next room. What kind of woman do you think I am?"

"I know and I'm sorry"

"That's all you got to say?"

"Well, I'm sure it's more but..." she stopped and sighed, looking at her lover, "I'm really thirsty, Jess"

"Jesus..." she whispered and watched her lover walking out of the room. Within a few seconds she returned back holding a glass of water, she placed it on the nightstand and sat on the bed, reaching for Jessica's lap. Jessica on the other hand gave her just a single look and continued smoking her cigarette unbothered. "Talk to me" she whispered and moved her head closer to be seen by her lover who kept staring elsewhere

"I don't got anything else to say"

"Look, I just heard her laughing and then saying how much she misses, probably Holland now that I think about it but I thought it was you. And you weren't in bed. Come on, you'd do the same"

"If it is so hard for you to trust me why do you choose to stay with me and put me through this every fucking day?" Finally, Jessica said in a serious tone and turned to face her. "Because I can't be without you"

"But I don't want to be in a relationship like this one. I don't wanna be accused of cheating every time my phone rings or every time I get distracted or more specific every time I want to do stuff with Sarah. So you either let all that go or let us go"

"I can't let us go"

"Then let all the other things go, the jealousy, our fights" Jessica replied with a slight smile on her face, resting her hand on top of Susan's and patting her softly. "No more fighting about that" she added and moved closer, placing a peck on Susan's lips, making her smirk, "I've never been like that, just so you know and I've never been so jealous in the past"

"And what changed?"

"I think it's the first time I experience those type of feelings, so strong, and as the time goes by they only get stronger"

"But you can't see that this is how it's going to be from now on, we're gonna be together, we're gonna grow old together..." she chuckled, "Well, grow OLDER together"

"We're stuck together?" she joked

"Kinda" Jessica replied and smiled at her, "I wouldn't say 'stuck' but glad you get what I'm sayin'" she continued and lied comfortably on the bed. Susan reached for the light switch and turned the lights down, resting her head on her woman's chest, both looking out of the window.