Thanksgiving.

"I think you're overreacting"

With that, Susan gasped and turned to look at her friend, she rose her hands and crushed them on her lap, unable to talk properly, "Wh... Wha... What?!"

"The fact that she chose to spend Thanksgiving with her family doesn't make her bad"

"Well, what am I to her if not family as well?"

"She invited you if I remember correctly, didn't she?"

"Oh, she only invited me cause she knew I'd say no!"

"Well, as much as I would like to sit here and spend the rest of the night listening to you being paranoid, I, sadly have to go, I'm already late," Clayton said and stood up from the couch the minute Susan finally sat, "Fine!" she replied and took her phone, "I'll call you tomorrow, try to relax," he said and wore his jacket as he walked himself to the door, "And don't act mad over the phone, she'll be back in a few days, don't ruin her holidays"

"Jesus, Clayton, on which side are you?" she said and chuckled

"I'm with Jessica on this" he replied and laughed making Susan laugh as well, "Fuck you!"

"Yes, ma'am" he shouted and finally exited Susan's apartment. Susan looked at her phone, fighting the urge to call her lover, of course, she have seen the photos of Jessica holding hands with her ex-husband and she was trying really hard not to make a scene.

Susan waited and waited, several minutes passed with her just looking at the phone but for her, it seemed like an eternity until she gave in and dealt her lover's number.

"Yes?" Jessica answered immediately

"Jess?"

"Sue?"

"How are you?"

"I'm good and you?"

"Good..."

"I'm glad to hear that"

"Yeah..."

"What happened?"

"I just wanted to check on you, we haven't talked today"

"Oh, yeah, well I'm okay"

"If people are listening go somewhere else for Christ's sake!"

"You're right, I'm sorry. Just wait a sec"

Susan sighed and waited patiently on the other side until Jessica moved into her bedroom, "Okay, I'm alone"

"I missed you"

"I missed you too"

"You don't sound like you do"

Jessica laughed, "How do I sound like?"

"Like you forgot me"

"Jesus, Sue"

"I've seen the photos of you, holding hands with Misha"

"What?"

"Yeah, and I thought of waiting to talk to you until you're back but I just can't. What's going on?"

"Nothing's going on, honey"

"Oh, don't 'honey' me! I'm sure he doesn't even know about us"

"That's true, he doesn't but he's married, Sue. His wife couldn't come is all. Why would I invite you in the first place if something was happening between me and him?"