Starting Over(pt4)

"Can I come in?"

"Of course" Susan replied with a smirk on her face, making space for her lover to walk inside her apartment. Only the sound of Jessica's heels was sending shivers down her spine, she looked at her legs and paused. Unable now to control herself or her thoughts. Jessica stopped and removed her mask and coat, keeping them on her arms, "Oh, my... what's all this?" she asked with that silly smile, making Susan chuckle.

"For us, hope you're hungry"

"Not much but I'll do my best" she replied, eventually she let her things on the couch and walked towards the table.

"You better... I've been cooking all evening," she said and sat across her lover, looking at her before reaching for her glass

"Oh, you shouldn't have," Jessica replied laughing and looked at the food on the table, "Come on, eat" Susan commanded

"Well, after you," said Jessica, and both started laughing, "I'm telling you," Susan started while taking a bite from her food, "It's not bad" she continued with a full mouth, "No, I believe you" finally Jessica responded and took hold of her fork.

"How was your day?" Susan asked, raising her eyebrows

"Good," she replied, nodding and taking a bite ultimately, "Good" she murmured again, "Yours?"

"I didn't do much, except of course from cooking and you know, tidying up a little"

"Oh..."

With that, Susan giggled, seeing how confused Jessica was. "You weren't expecting a romantic dinner tonight, huh?" she asked while tasting some wine

"To be honest, no" she replied and laughed, "But it's nice," she stopped and rested back, taking hold of her glass, "It's YOUR way after all," she proceeded. Her eyes locked with Susan's, who chuckled and lowered her sight.

"Tell me, what would you do?"

"Well..." Jessica stopped and thought about it for a minute, "I don't know, dinner seems good"

"See, I knew it," Susan said and winked at her, making Jessica laugh awkwardly, something that didn't pass unnoticed

"You're... strange"

"That's because I don't know what's going on"

"What do you mean?"

"Am I here as your friend? Are we still on with that game or, you know?"

"You're here as my lover, I think we both can agree that THAT game was fun for as long as it lasted"

"Alright then..." she agreed, "I must say, I really enjoyed it but God... I missed you so fucking much" she stated while laughing. Susan chuckled, "Well, I missed you too"

"Yeah..." she smiled and continued looking at her, shaking her head. Silence filled the room when out of the blue Jessica sighed and burst, "For Christ's sake, what's going on?"

"What do you mean?" Susan asked, keeping a straight face

"We're just gonna stand like that, looking at each other? What else should a say to have a kiss?"

"That's what you want? A kiss?"

"I want more than just a kiss but that's a start"

"What do you want?"

Jessica looked at her and tilted her head to the side, trying to control herself. Eventually, she chuckled and looked around until her gaze met Susan's, "What do you want, Jess?"