one

Opening the door to the local diner, a soothing smell of all kinds of delicious fried foods entered her senses just like every time she stepped into this place

Opening the door to the local diner, a soothing smell of all kinds of delicious fried foods entered her senses just like every time she stepped into this place. Chaeyoung looked around the busy diner, searching for her best friend.

Spotting the familiar mess of dark hair she quickly strolled towards him with a wide grin.

"Jimin!"

They greeted each other with a hug and sat down, not having to look at the menu to know what to order.

They knew their favorites by heart already, her and her long-time crush being one of the regular customers.

That's right, Park Chaeyoung was in love with her best friend, Park Jimin.

Jimin and Chaeyoung got first introduced to each other while being paired up for a project in a Biology class, just a week into their freshmen year.

Long story short, they clicked together immediately and started hanging out even after the Biology project was over. They got close and became best friends after few months.

They always stood by each other's side when needed.

For example two years ago, when Chaeyoung's dad divorced her alcoholic mother. Or one year ago when she moved in alone since her dad found himself a girlfriend and she didn't want to be in a way of him creating himself a new, happy life.

Jimin was always there, supporting her as much as he could.

Just like Chaeyoung supported him, however she could.

Jimin wasn't one of the popular kids at school. Actually, he was the exact opposite. Not that Chaeyoung was in any better position.

They weren't getting bullied. But Jimin got picked on pretty often, till today the reason behind it stayed a mystery to Chaeyoung.

Nevertheless, the three years with Jimin were pretty eventful and at the end of it all, she couldn't lie to herself any longer but admit, that after everything, she had a big crush on her best friend.

But it's not like she was going to tell him any time soon.