fourteen

Who was he really? What was his life like behind the circle of their little 'friends' group?

Those were the thoughts swirling around her mind as she watched Taehyung gulping down one shot of alcohol after another, the burning liquid seeming to not bother his throat at all.

He looked like he was used to it, like this was the life he was accustomed to.

Chaeyoung eyed the drink swarming with orange and red color in Jimin's hand, scowling.

She had a really bad relationship with alcohol if any at all. Chaeyoung had not drunk alcohol yet, maybe a few sips here and there on family occasions as we all do.

And she intended on keeping it that way. Seeing what alcohol did to her once loving and caring mother, she swore to herself she would never let the godforsaken liquid take control over her body and mind. Even if just for one night.

"Why don't you order anything? Scared to get drunk?" asked Taehyung from the other side of the booth, raising up another shot with a little smirk.

She stayed silent, knowing that explaining the reason would be more complicated than it seemed.

Jimin cleared his throat in the awkward silence, giving her a single side-glance before laughing the question off.

"You know how it is, first time can be pretty scary. Let her be." Chaeyoung thanked Jimin in her head, grateful to him for keeping his mouth shut.

But Taehyung didn't seem to shrug it off as easily as him, seeing there was something they weren't telling him.

Was he jealous of their little secrets?