forty-nine

Later that week, Jimin was on his way to Chaeyoung's place as she wasn't feeling that good lately, most likely struggling through another bad episode of her disorder

For Jimin, it wasn't easy to comprehend how eating disorders worked, but after witnessing what Chaeyoung had to go through almost every single day, he knew it was much more complex than media makes it to be.

He felt more than worried for his best friend, Chaeyoung didn't deserve to suffer the consequences of her messed-up mother's parenting but all that could be done now was to try their hardest for her recovery.

Sighing he entered her building, brushing off his hair to get rid of the drops of rain from the light drizzle outside. He climbed up the stairs quickly before turning a corner and knocking on her door impatiently.

But even after two minutes, she didn't come to open.

''Chaeyoung? It's me, Jimin! Open the door please,'' he knocked once again, then again and again but there was no response and he started to get worried.

''Chaeyoung?'' he called and suddenly, he could hear a weak silent cry from the other side of the door.

''Chaeyoung! What's wrong? Please come open the door!'' he rattled with the doorknob frantically but it wouldn't budge.

Shouting and banging on the door didn't do much and he was getting more and more restless as the cries on the other end didn't stop.

Losing patience he started to ram his shoulder into the door, the cries on the other side of the door getting more painful but not louder, meaning she wasn't approaching the door.

''Chaeyoung!'' finally he managed to open the door, flying inside with the sudden force. Immediately he ran inside her living room but the cries came from the bathroom and so he ran inside, taking a sharp breath in as he saw the state his friend was in.

''Chaeyoung, what the hell happened?'' he ran to her, kneeling down to hold her to him.

She was pale as a wall and salty tears streamed down her cheeks, her eyes puffy with obvious dark circles under them.

He could smell the faint scent of vomit and her frail body seemed so weak in his arms, Jimin started to panic immensely.

''Please tell me what is it?'' he whispered frantically into her ear, swaying her from side to side gently.

''It hurts so much...'' she wailed, clutching her stomach tightly. Not knowing what to do, Jimin ran his eyes around her body before placing his palm on her forehead.

''Jesus Christ, you're burning up.''

''It's been hurting since yesterday evening and it's getting even worse,'' she rasped but before any of them could say more, she suddenly bent over the toilet, vomiting once again, the horrid sounds escaping her terrified him so much he took a hold of his phone immediately.

''I'm calling the ambulance, hold on.''