fifty-three | Epilogue

''Chim, it's your guys' one year anniversary, it needs to be something bigger than just a dinner at frickin McDonald's!''

''I didn't say anything about McDonald's you bum,'' he pushed her playfully before he went to the fridge to take out the drinks.

Chaeyoung glared at his back.

''Well taking her to a fast food doesn't sound that much different to me.''

''I don't know what to do then,'' he whined, closing the fridge with his foot as he placed the chilly cans of coke on the counter.

''A romantic date! A nice picnic somewhere in nature, far away from people! I'm sure she would love that,'' advised Chaeyoung opening the upper cabinet to take out a glass for herself.

''A picnic?'' pondered Jimin, frowning to himself, ''sounds a bit too cliche.''

Hissing she kicked his shin, making him yelp.

''For you! You see, all you guys do is avoid the 'cliche' things so much it actually starts to be rare stuff! Girls like picnics! I'm sure Jennie would love it,'' she instructed, placing some ice into her glass before walking out of the kitchen with Jimin trailing after her, holding the cans.

''I will think about it,'' he sulked, pouting as he thought hard.

Chuckling with a shake of her head she climbed the stairs before entering the last room of the corridor. Catching up to her, Jimin walked towards the window and slid it open before climbing out and skilfully sliding down on top of the roof.

Following right behind him Chaeyoung jumped down to the rooftop, the awkward atmosphere in the air making her chuckle to herself.

Taehyung and Jennie sat exactly two meters away from each other, Jennie playing with her bracelets awkwardly while Taehyung ignored her presence completely, obviously not getting a hang of social interactions yet.

''Here we are,'' announced Jimin, all smiles, handing Chaeyoung two cans before he walked towards Jennie who lit up at his presence.

Holding the two cans and the glass carefully, Chaeyoung walked towards Taehyung and jabbed his shoulder softly, handing him one can with a smile.

''Thanks,'' smiled Taehyung and before she could react he pulled her down, immediately wrapping his arm around her neck, pulling her in close.

Chaeyoung chuckled, leaning into him.

''Are you guys sure it's supposed to be today?'' asked Jimin, looking at the dark sky doubtfully, ''it's been hours and we haven't seen a single shooting star yet.''

''You need to be patient Jimin,'' scolded Jennie softly, leaning into him, ''on the news they said it's supposed to happen around three in the morning.''

Jimin huffed, sipping at his coke. Obviously, it wasn't his idea to watch the shooting stars tonight but since his girlfriend suggested it, he couldn't possibly say no.

''I never saw a shooting star before,'' muttered Chaeyoung quietly, watching the glittering sky above with a soft smile.

''I have. It's not that breathtaking,'' muttered Taehyung, making her frown playfully at him.

''Don't ruin this for me you grump,'' the boy chuckled, leaning in with a challenging expression.

''Or what?'' Blushing, Chaeyoung looked away, sipping at her cold drink.

''Or I will get angry,'' she muttered quietly but she didn't sound as confident as she wished to, making Taehyung chuckle softly.

''How scary.'' He kissed her temple gently before lying back on the roof, pulling Chaeyoung down with him to lean against his arm.

As the four watched the night sky silently with the gentle wind caressing their skin, everything seemed just like it was supposed to be.

Calm and carefree without any worries.

But not a single soul on this earth has a worry-less life in the end. Everyone struggles with something, minor or major, we all go through issues that make some of our days a living hell.

But isn't it all easier when you have someone to share your troubles with? Someone who can lessen the burden you carry on your back?

Glancing aside at Taehyung who was watching the dark sky calmly, Chaeyoung knew she would be alright.

They would all be alright.